• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Logging out during a post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExRes

Established Member
Sorry in advance as I'm sure there is a more appropriate place for this, if it actually posts that is

Over the last few days nearly every time I've tried to post I've lost the entire content as I'm being logged out while writing

Is this just a personal thing :roll: or have other posters encountered this rather frustrating experience and been able to solve it ?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Qwerty133

Established Member
I occasionally get logged out when posting, but only after pressing post, and if I log back in the post is posted.
What browser are you using?
Are you having problems on any other site or just on this one?

ExRes

Established Member
Thanks Qwerty & Matt,

I'm using Internet Explorer as my browser and sign on session by session, It's only this site that I've started having this problem with in the last couple of days

Next time it happens i'll try to sign in again, I've been following the screen and refreshing first so maybe that's why I'm losing everything

Fingers crossed it will go back to normal as it's a bit annoying losing what you've just typed out

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
I quite often get logged out (Firefox) if I am doing a lot of quoting other sites/finding links/attaching photos etc but I usually don't lose anything since I take the precaution of copying the text from time to time if it's taken a bit of time to construct.

I have noticed a recent tendency for inexplicably duplicated posts and I think a few others have had this as well. Eg from today http://www.railforums.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1764633&postcount=45

Status
Not open for further replies.