• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LOL's railway logbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
Trip #1

Knutsford - Blackpool North
Departure: 08:48 (on time)
Interchange 1 Arrival: 09:40 (5 mins late (Thanks Heaton Chapel & Levenshulme))
Interchange 1 Departure: 09:53 (8 mins late)
Interchange 2 Arrival: 10:42 (10 mins late)
Interchange 2 Departure: Unkown
Termini Arrival: 11:17 (17 minutes early)

Report:
I left Knutsford at 08:48. The train was a 142 (grrr) and it hit a bird between Mobberly & Ashley, I certainly saw the feathers fly! We were on time at Stockport but thanks to the Mid-Cheshire Line timetable "quirk" annoyance, we were 5 Minutes late into Piccadilly. Further more, a teacher from my school got on at Heaton Chapel <(. The train from Piccadilly to Preston was 8 Minutes late and to make matters worse, it was a 2 car 156 with no luggage racks (On a service from the airport. IKR!) (I was expecting a 185). So we all had to squeeze on and it only got quiet at Salford Cresent. I can see why people hate the Northern refurbs and the Richmond seats. It still had the PIS only displaying the destination and only anounced the destination once (the guard did the rest). The seating was uncomfortable and the water in the UAT just dripped out so I had to wipe the soap off my hands with toilet paper and my jeans. Also the seats still had the Serco-Abellio moquette so it must have been refurbed before the Arriva moquette was revealed. We arrived into Preston 10 minutes late and when I got off, the whole side was stained orange from the brake dust. It was (mostly) clean when I got on at Manchester. Maybe Northern should have gone with silver instead of white... The replacement bus to Blackpool was a 57 seater VanHool coach of Tyrers of Adlington. It got me there 17 minutes early (although I suspect that it's mostly down to the timings allowing for hold up's). As I got off, I noticed that the sign on the windscreen said "operated by Abellio"!
***---Report End---***​

TheAdelante

Sounds like an eventful trip! Awkward to hear that you bumped into a teacher though, I assume by the emoji that's one you don't like!
I quite like 156s actually but I would also have preferred a 185!

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
Sounds like an eventful trip! Awkward to hear that you bumped into a teacher though, I assume by the emoji that's one you don't like!
I quite like 156s actually but I would also have preferred a 185!
I like her, I just like keeping my private life and school life seperate.
On the eventful trip part, wait for the return leg made today.

TheAdelante

I like her, I just like keeping my private life and school life seperate.
On the eventful trip part, wait for the return leg made today.
I'd dislike seeing a teacher on a train too! Mainly as I'm supposed to be revising for GCSEs...

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
Trip #2

Blackpool North - Knutsford Sat 30/12/17
Departure: Approx. 12:00
Interchange 1 Arrival: Approx. 12:30
Interchange 1 Departure: 13:47
Interchange 2 Arrival: 14:30 (4 mins late)
Interchange 2 Departure: Unkown
Interchange 3 Arrival: Approx. 14:50
Interchange 3 Departure: 16:21 (15:17 canceled due to train fault. 16:17 4 mins late)
Alighting Station: 17:03 (1 min late)

Report:
I depart Blackpool at around 12 o'clock on one of Blackpool Transport's brand new Enviro 400 City. It has Lazzerini seats instead of the usual seats (can't remember the manufacturer). I sat on the standard ADL seats at the back by the emergency exit and it was like sitting on leather wrapped wood. My arse was sore when I got to Preston. I waited in the Waiting room until 25 past 1 and ate my lunch in there. The train arrived on platform 6. It was a 3 car 185 from Scotland and we all crammed in. There was no luggage space and cases had filled up the bike space and it was in the walkway and some people stod to Victoria! I fortunately found a seat at Wigan. I had reserved seats but TPE was having issues with the reservation computer so there was no reservations on any TPE service. I arrived at Victoria at 14:30. We all went to the tram stop to head to Piccadilly and I just missed one so had to wait for an, Altrincham Tram (which could have taken me close to home) and 2 East Didsbury's (one after another) before a Piccadilly came along. I got to Piccadilly at about 10 to 3 where, platforms 9 through 14 were closed. I waited for my train to be called and it was at about 5 minutes past 3. I got to the train and the driver arrived shortly afterwards. After a minute, He called over to the platform assistant and told them that the train was dead. She then told someone and the train was canceled. So I had to wait an hour. I went to Pret and got a coffee and a crassiont. When the 16:17 was called, I went to it and waited. There were 2 trains at the platform; 1 going to Marple and my train. The Marple train left and was soon replaced with a 319 from the airport. It's departure time soon came and wen't along with our's. It left about 5 minutes late which caused us to only leave at 21 minutes past. We managed to make up time and arrived at Knutsford only 1 minute late. I would go into the delay repay nightmare that happened next but I can't be bothered. It's 10 to 1 AM.
***---Report End---***

TheAdelante

Sorry you had a bad delay. My brother was delayed by 56 minutes on Friday :( which was annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.