• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London - 14th April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
I've always liked the 442's for their comfort and the presence of a buffet, but yesterday I had my first ride in the 'powercar' when there were no other passengers making a din.

It surprised me just how loud these actually are and by the performance from Weymouth to Dorchester I'm starting to think there is such a thing as 'EMU thrash'. Long live the plastic pigs :notworth: .

Dennis

Established Member
Sam said:
442 "thrash"?:?

If the definition of thrash is working hard and making a din then you could call it EMU thrash. Obviously not a patch on the diesel thrash enjoyed HO behind a clapped out 31 out of Weymouth, where you can get a lungful of fumes, a face covered in oil and really here it :)

T

Tom

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....

Julian G

Established Member
i swear that the WSX Electric on platform 9 is the xx:12 Poole and the one leaving platform 7 is the xx:13/4 to Waterloo
GOOD VIDEO! I like it :)

T

Tom

No... it isn't, the train isn't even departing from the platform... its running through at low speed due to a TSR... its the xx35 off Waterloo that is running through at speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.