• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London 16/02 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
Well I made my way to Stratford in order to see 4L89, which I have now given up on as it's always a 90! I planned to see a 60 running from Harlow Mill-Acton at Gospel Oak. I then by chance bumped into jonb, who informed me that the 442 move was happening today.

So I forgot about 6V57 and waited at Stratford. According to Yahoo, it was booked to leave Ilford at 10:17. In the meantime, 66573, 67008, FL livered 90041 (saw both on Weds), 66194, 57008. After that, 57011 slowed to about 5mph, where somebody jumped on. The driver then eased for a moment then kindly THRASHED the loco! I never knew 57s could clag brown!!! 57011 returned eastbound a half hour later at 12:45, when I left. Little did we know that 47811 was about to leave Ilford! I then left my phone for a while. Had I kept my eye on it, I would have seen the postings on SE-GEN and taken the 14:05 out of Clapham to see it at Willesden!

Anyway, I took a 12:47 train back to Liv St then a 344 to Clapham Junction. I had a kip as the bus was empty and the driver was slow. We arrived at Clapham at 14:03. I sat at plats 3/4 for a while, there was nothing. THEN I checked my phone to see that the move had halted at Camden at 13:45! Had I know, I would have made an active effort to catch the 14:05 Silverlink :( So I made my way to the other SWT side.

Already had one experience with bad timing today. Guess what? Grey 60090 with the huge EWS sticker appeared at Latchmere Junction. I instinctively ran to the subway, then I reckoned that it would already be on the platform by the time I would get to plat 4, so I ran back to the edge of plat. 10. There was nothing out of it when I got a shot. Surely enough, the driver thrashed up, with a cloud of dark grey stuff effortlessly oozing out on the loco. I happily prepared my camera to take a perfect side shot of a clagging 60090, it told me - "no more space on memory card." So I immediately ejected it for it to tell me the same for the internal memory. Loitering 121 shots!

Now I was in no mood to stay out on the railway, so I made my way home at 14:30.

Will put up pics of a clagging 57011, 67008 + 90041 side by side and 60090.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
Did you not get my text then. I was free in London Yesterday ( & the afternoon before )

The District was messed up as usual :lol:

RJ

Established Member
You should have come today - 3 87s, 1 60 and a silver 67 + all the usual 66s and 57s.

Status
Not open for further replies.