• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London 17/02 :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
I left home and took the 09:42 to London Bridge. An ECS Turbostar passed on the down slow at Forest Hill. Apon arrival, I then took the 09:57 to Waterloo, where I met Coxster, jonb, Joy54, Seth, Harold, Christopher J and Hubert. We took the 10:20 (455) to Clapham Junction. The usual race happened (455, 458 and diesel). Think the diesel (6.159) won in the end.

As soon as we got to Clapham, Silver 67029 passed through light engine. I got a very late shot of it ;). We took the 10:35 service to Kenny O. We took an Electrostar (not sure it was the on time service or the 09:34 late) to Harrow and Wealdstone. A couple of minutes later, late running 87022 + 87002 passed through light.

We then left the station and went to Northwick Park. We took the Met to Harrow Hill, then took a fresh new bus back to Wealdstone. I saw 90044 pass through with a liner. I then went to South Kenton and met the other again. We waited for a while, then saw Cotswold's 87007 pass through with 7 MK3s.

We left at 14:00, then got off at Willesden and took a bus to Acton Main Line. 66145 was working to Dagenham - Wembley cars through Kensal Green Chord. 66184 went through Acton Yard with hoppers. Then 60027 passed Acton with 6E38. Seth left.

After that, we made our way to King's Cross. On the way, we said bye to jonb. The remainder of us met Yorkie at King's Cross, then made our way to Baker Street. We legged it to Marylebone, but the Bubble meet appeared to go awry :(. I then left and headed home :)

Pics of the day;

y4i21g.jpg

y4i21j.jpg

y4i22f.jpg

More pics available at;

http://dsctrains.fotopic.net/c864054.html

A good day :) Thanks go to Coxster for organising the meet and jonb for the gen and everyone else who provided the day with many laughs :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Thanks! The 377 was exceptionally timed and we left South Kenton at the right time as well. I didn't like the look of the boys who came there at 13:55. They didn't see us as we were behind the entrance thankfully.

Coxster

Established Member
joea1 said:
Thanks! The 377 was exceptionally timed and we left South Kenton at the right time as well. I didn't like the look of the boys who came there at 13:55. They didn't see us as we were behind the entrance thankfully.
They weren't doing anything wrong, unless waiting for a train is a sin?

Status
Not open for further replies.