• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London 19/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
I had an early start today. In order to get to Mill Hill by 10:18, I got the 08:52 service to London Bridge from Forest Hill. As soon as I reached the platform, Southern 319 005 sped past on the up fast. I was disappointed because I wanted to take a pic of it.

I got to London Bridge just in time to see the 09:07 Uckfield Turbostar leave. I went over to catch a Thameslink train, but a Networker was in Platform 6, and was holding everthing up. The train eventually came, I thought I was going to miss the connecting train at Blackfriars. Then, I discovered that my pre-planned journey made allowances for delays and the sort, so I easily caught the train I needed to at Blackfriars.

My least favourite National Rail route has to be the Thameslink between Blackfriars and Kentish Town, because it's at least 95% tunnels! I reached Mill Hill Broadway at 10:10, where there were several enthusiasts waiting for the 60009 Union of South Africa hauled Cathedrals Express service. While I was there, I saw 3 9 coach 222s, 2 3 coach 222s and several 319s. Not a single Brighton Express one though. Where were they?

After an hour of waiting, the train finally appeared. It was a spectacular sight as it rounded the bend, the amount of clag was astonishing, to say the least! I was expecting a 45 DOR, but it turned out to be a 33.

After that went, I took a train back to King's Cross (chavs between Hendon and Cricklewood :roll:)

I went to get some lunch, as when I returned to the station, I heard an announcement with something involving Forest Hill, and trains were not stopping at London Bridge :shock:. So I waited for the next train, and guess what turns up, the Southern livered 319 005 :D. I took it to Farringdon, then I made my way to Waterloo.

The 12:20 service to Plymouth and Bristol Temple Meads was late arriving, but I hung around for a while. It's one of the longest diesel units I've seen, at 8 coaches.

I took a 450 to Clapham Junction, then a 377 to Harrow. First, there were crowds at Waterloo because of a rugby match at Twickenham, then the 377 was full of football fans! I explored Harrow and Wealdstone for a short while, nothing much happening there, so I went back to the station and the Southern 377 came much sooner than I expected!

I took it to Clapham and changed platforms for the 14:53 Bexhill and Littlehampton service. That got to Croydon just after 3, then I caught the 15:08 Voyager back to Kensington.

I headed for Paddington, which was unusually quiet. An Adelante was operating a FGWL slow service to Oxford! I then decided to go to Victoria.

When I reached Victoria, there was the boring mix of Networkers, Electrostars, 455s, 456s and 460s. After about half an hour, the final farewell slammer came in, formed of 421 805, the unique Southern livered VEP 423 514 and 421 866 again. I had a brief chat with some of you from here, then I went to take pictures of the Orient Express. Two steam trains in one day!

After that I went home!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
the Brighton Express 319 was at London Bridge today
and I also an MPV there

Southern

While I was there, I saw 3 9 coach 222s, 2 3 coach 222s and several 319s. Not a single Brighton Express one though. Where were they?

Probably stuck on a Surburban service, getting trashed by chavs. :roll:

Julian G

Established Member
You should had seen Waterloo
11:20
Nobody wanted to take the 10:50 Desastro train so they waited for the Juniper and boy that was one crowded train

richa2002

Established Member
Got a pic of the Southern 319 you describe at Harpenden :)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Nice to see you yesterday, but you must have been some rush as that was a very brief 'chat' and you literally ran off :lol:

RJ

Established Member
yorkie said:
Nice to see you yesterday, but you must have been some rush as that was a very brief 'chat' and you literally ran off :lol:

I really wanted to get a pic of the kettle, last time I saw it, it stayed for about 10 minutes! I was looking for you guys after, but you'd all gone!

Take it you mean 4 coach 222s!

Yup my mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.