• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Bombings Memorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

52 People were killed in the Four Bombs that exploded in London on 7th July 2005.

At 8:50 AM Three Bombs exploded simultaneously on the Tube Network.

7 People died at Aldgate:

Lee Baisden

Benedetta Ciaccia

Richard Ellery

Richard Gray

Anne Moffat

Fiona Stevenson

Carrie Taylor

6 People died at Edgware Road:

Michael Brewster

Jonathan Downey

David Foulkes

Colin Morley

Jennifer Nicholson

Laura Webb

26 People died at Russell Square

James Adams

Samantha Badham

Philip Beer

Anna Brandt

Ciaran Cassidy

Rachelle Chung For Yuen

Elizabeth Daplyn

Arthur Frederick

Karolina Gluck

Gamze Gunoral

Lee Harris

Ojara Ikeagwu

Emily Jenkins

Adrian Johnson

Helen Jones

Susan Levy

Shelley Mather

Michael Matsu****a

James Mayes

Behnaz Mozakka

Mihaela otto

Atique Sharifi

Ihab Slimane

Christian Small

Monika Suchocka

Mala Trivedi

At 9:47 AM 13 people were killed in the Explosion on a Bus in Tavistock Square:

Anthony Fatayi-Williams

Jamie Gordon

Giles Hart

Marie Hartley

Miriam Hyman

Shahara Islam

Neetu Jain

Sam Ly

Shyanuja Parathasangary

Anant Rosenberg

Philip Russell

William Wise

Gladys Wundowa

RIP all.

ribbon_blk.gif

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
Hard to think it was over a year ago.

Too many deaths for such a pointless cause. :(

R.I.P All.

nutter

I remember waking up at 10:00 and thinking i was dreaming of that BBC program Crisis Command, because the very first words I heard was "London is under Attack" on my radio, then i ran downstairs, and saw the first TV pictures of the HEMS subaru pulling up outside Aldgate tube station. Remember it as if it was yesterday

I still hate the sound of sirens, reminds me of that clip of the convoy of ambulances rushing to the scene of one of the explosions

RIP to the victims

Dave A

Can I point out that its not the 7th yet (amazingly this was started on the 5th!!). And while you odd lot are thinking of this today, and not waiting until tomorrow like everybody else, many people will be celebrating the Olympics coming to London today, so try tp cheer up a bit...

Coxster

Established Member
Seems the swear filter has caught one of the names :roll:

bunnahabhain

Established Member
David V2 said:
Can I point out that its not the 7th yet (amazingly this was started on the 5th!!). And while you odd lot are thinking of this today, and not waiting until tomorrow like everybody else, many people will be celebrating the Olympics coming to London today, so try tp cheer up a bit...

I did point this out in my original message, though I edited it due to knowing what the vast majority of responses were likely to be.

Ben

A Message to remember these poor people can never be too early or too Late.

The sound of the sirens on the day bought back nasty memories and seemed to affect me a little bit. But, what affected me even more is how crual the act was. I don't want to og into too much depth as this is a memoprial to the people who were kileld but it really angers me that there are people that are so cold that they could kill these innocent people for no reason. I hope the families can draw comfort from the nations support and I wish them all the best as they begin the struggle to come to terms with what has happened.

richa2002

Established Member
What's scary, is that 17% of British Muslims sympathise with the terrorists who carried out the bombings.

devon_metro

Established Member
Is that all?

I don's see why someone would do such a thing though-i just can't imagine it. So in-considerate :(

RIP for all of the victims.

S Lowes

dvn1357 said:
I don's see why someone would do such a thing though-i just can't imagine it. So in-considerate :(
Throughly agree with you there Liam

RIP To all the victims :(

richa2002

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
Is that all?

RIP for all of the victims.
I know 17% doesn't sound a lot but it's around 260,000 people using the latest figures from the 2001 census.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
What's wrong with that? You dont like people blowing up people in England on your transport, why should they feel any different about English people blowing up their countrymen in their homeland?

It's exactly the same thing.

richa2002

Established Member
So do you think it's justified for someone to blow themselves up on the tube and kill 50+ people because we are 'killing' their own in Iraq? Also, we're not in Iraq to kill innocent civilians and any that do get killed are pure accidents!

RIP to all victims of the bombings.

AlexS

Established Member
Potatoes potartoes, humans kill each other. Perspective wise,

52 people dead, London, 3000 dead, New York, 62 million dead, World War Two.

The lesser numbers merely shock more because we aren't expecting it.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Exactly Alex. I shall remain quiet upon this subject because the majority of people wont exactly like what I have to say. :)

*edit*

Richard, yes I do feel they are justified, though I feel the whole concept of "You've blown us up, so we'll blow you up" is entirely stupid, terrorism is a fact of life, it's been around since the dawn of time, Guy Fawkes, Osama Bin Laden, etc, all the same, as long as I dont get blown up, or my friends and family dont, I couldnt give a bugger what happens.

I am sure that the families will echo your sentiments exactly... Do you realise how insensitivee that post is? 'It doesn't bother me as long as my friends and family don't' It's peopel like you with that attitude that end up killing people through a 'hasn't happened to me so I don't care' attitude. None of my family have been killed by a bomb, doesn't mean I go around saying 'ahh well, doesn't matter that 52 people have died, none of them were my family so it's not like it matters.' You wouldn't say that if you were in a room wiht the reletives of the dead would you?

AlexS

Established Member
Death happens to us all. I'd rather be blown apart in an instant than have to deal with years of lingering death through cancer, or parkinson's disease and so on.

It's much the same with curing all disease. I truly hope it doesn't happen, because unless we find other planets to live on in the same timescale, we're messed.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
I just dont see the point in walking around in a morbid fashing worrying if I'm going to get blown up if I get on a bus, or a tram, or a train. Anyway, shall we start a 'London Blitz Memorial Thread'?

richa2002

Established Member
Jamie said:
I just dont see the point in walking around in a morbid fashing worrying if I'm going to get blown up if I get on a bus, or a tram, or a train. Anyway, shall we start a 'London Blitz Memorial Thread'?
I agree with you there Jamie.

Coxster

Established Member
Jamie said:
as long as I dont get blown up, or my friends and family dont, I couldnt give a bugger what happens.
So in effect you are saying they are perfectly justified to kill people unless they do it to your family?

bunnahabhain

Established Member
On the contrary, you're putting words in my mouth, yes I was upset by it last year, but it's been just under a year now, it's history, we're being reminded of it on TV and everywhere with constant trailers;

"Join us tomorrow as we spend an entire day being morbid, every news item will be presented from Tavistock Square just so you can be reminded that a few people got killed here"

Forgive me for being rather to the point, but I just dont feel as strongly as everybody else after a year, time moves on, and if we live in the past all the time then the United Kingdom will become stagnant and easier to attack.

People went down the underground with a few bombs, blew up a few trains, killed a few people, and we're still living in fear because we're force fed a load of crap from the TV and Newspapers and told that we should be scared of the terrorist threat.

TheSlash

Established Member
Jamie.
History is always a key part of the future, otherwise we'd go round in circles and would never of progressed much beyond fire.
In World War 2, millions of people died defending they're country, everyone of them passionately believed they were doing the right thing, English, German, American, Japanesse, whatever nationality. At least once a year, we all pause, on a voluntary basis, to remember they're actions, and to make sure they never happen again, simply because, as AlexS as pointed out, 62 million people lost they're lives over who was right and who was wrong
Even George Bush is learning, otherwise he'd of been into Iran or North Korea by now.
[EDIT]
BTW, I most certainly do not live in fear of terrorists, nor does anybody i know.
As a railway worker who routinel visits less visible areas of the railway network as part of my duties, i always keep an eye out for anything suspicious, but i don't dread getting out of bed in the morning, through fear that a terrorist is going to blow me away

T

Tom

I think we can all safely say that we have lost someone close to us.

I certainly have, in fact, I've lost 2.

Simming

Theres a few things the ****'s me off with this

1) Where was the minute silence for

Ladbroke grove
Potters Bar
Southall
Selby/Heck
Ufton Nervet
Hatfield

There wasn't a silence for them, why should london get one? Theres a large media who-har because its london. If this happened on the glasgow underground, liverpools underground network, or even if a bomb had exploded on the number 18 bus that runs between truro and penzance, would we have had a 2 minute silence

2) as already pointed out, with the 17% muslims thing, I agree with the what people are saying about what have we actually done to them? i dont agree with terrorism, but revenge always happens. however, On that note, I just wish the IRA when they tried bombing that hotel with margret thatcher in it, had done the job properly

3) There where many IRA bombings in Ireland, was there the same amount of respect for those who died then?

Agree'd ^^

I know there is a small plaque at lineside at Hatfield in memory (whoop-dedoo).
I think the London thing got alot of media coverage because 1) the shock factor 2) they'd been going on about terrorism for months and love to be proved right 3) the terrorist succesfully bombed 3 different locations without anyone being able to stop them.

But then again, you're comment about if it happened on a rural bus is true.

AlexS

Established Member
Well, an equally important terrorist event is being documented in the other memorial thread in this forum, if you'd like to drop your condolences in there too to prove you aren't what you've been accusing other people of chaps!

TheSlash

Established Member
Simming,

There was an official silence held in the days following each of those events you mention, and i believe there have been several silences observed in memory of Ladbrook Grove in the years following it

Status
Not open for further replies.