• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Bridge - new timetable during reconstruction works commencing 5th January 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbutton

I think it may also be worth considering that TL and SE drivers already have an agreement to share work from Blackfriars to Kent, whereas TL and SN drivers do not have a similar agreement. Having currently-SN-operated CAT/TAT services transferred to TL was always going to require negotiating on both sides.

This is just speculation since I'm not privy to any internal details on the subject, but it would make sense in the context of current events. I suspect the powers that be may have wanted to avoid yet another dispute- this time affecting their crown jewel (the TL programme).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LBSCR Times

I think it may also be worth considering that TL and SE drivers already have an agreement to share work from Blackfriars to Kent, whereas TL and SN drivers do not have a similar agreement. Having currently-SN-operated CAT/TAT services transferred to TL was always going to require negotiating on both sides.

This is just speculation since I'm not privy to any internal details on the subject, but it would make sense in the context of current events. I suspect the powers that be may have wanted to avoid yet another dispute- this time affecting their crown jewel (the TL programme).

Yes, but TL and SE drivers cannot cover each other's work in the event of a driver not showing up.
On more than one occasion SE have been able to help out, but it's been blocked by TL, although there was a recent 2Zxx on the SE than a 1Exx, to get around the issue.....

Class377/5

Established Member
Proposal is also for some of the Cambridge - Maidstone East Services to extend to Ashford Int'l in the peaks...

Nothing mentioned in the staff brief but we'll know more when it's announced publicly next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.