• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Bridge - new timetable during reconstruction works commencing 5th January 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrB

Their new excuse is high levels of staff sickness. This has been going for about 2 weeks now and when they do bother to give an excuse (which is still a rare occurrence) this is the only excuse given. I'm not sure to what extent this is true (although I doubt they would make something up) but most trains that I travel on going home (mornings are usually not too bad, except for today) are late by at least 5 minutes.

Is it possible that this is some form of unofficial strike by the conductors or is the sickness genuine?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FOH

Does anyone know when the 2018 timetable will be out for consultation and where it'll be posted? The Southern performance improvement plan says Summer but doesn't say where.

Class377/5

Established Member
Does anyone know when the 2018 timetable will be out for consultation and where it'll be posted? The Southern performance improvement plan says Summer but doesn't say where.

They've announced the service pattern for Thameslink will be announced in summer, so guessing then.

berneyarms

Established Member

Presumably it'll be on the TOC websites whenever they finalise the plans.

That's where all the other timetables have appeared for consultation to date.

Deepgreen

Established Member

Consultation?! That would imply that GTR take any notice of anyone else's views when "running" "their" railway!

infobleep

Veteran Member
Consultation?! That would imply that GTR take any notice of anyone else's views when "running" "their" railway!
They do take account of views though. The views of the Department for Transport!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

ScotGG

Established Member
Southeastern said the August timetable would be out by May. It's June tomorrow. No sign?

Much like any additional stock announcement. Do the DfT care at all?

david737

Southeastern said the August timetable would be out by May. It's June tomorrow. No sign?

Tables 194-212 in the NRT show the services from 28th August, but considering the accuracy of this document in recent years I wouldn't put to much faith in the content....

MrB

Rumours have been circulating for months if not years about new stock for SE but nothing as yet even though it is badly needed!

Class377/5

Established Member

SE stock agreement has only recently been agreed but there is still some outstanding work that means they cannot plan full fleet allocations yet so would be foolish to expect any news right now.

Deepgreen

Established Member
Another farce on the 0831 Redhill to Victoria this morning with first class swamped with 'standards' and not a ticket check in sight. Yesterday the same train was diverted away from Redhill owing to late running! We were kindly told that our next station stop would be East Croydon station too!

Last evening the 1721 to Three Bridges and Reigate left Victoria at 1728 for no apparent reason and the conductor, when apologising for the delay, informed us that Control refused to speak to him! The Reigate portion was then diverted to Three Bridges as well, and we stood in platform 2 at East Croydon under a green signal for at least six minutes with again no explanation, simply adding to the accumulating delay. What a mess.

SF-02

It looks very bad for the Greenwich line in the peaks. We always knew it was likely and so not having 12 car trains will hurt badly.

One train fault and theres a 50 minute peak gap. Its very bad now for crowding. Have they thought about all the big housing blocks going up at places like Westcombe Park. Deptford etc. Doubt it as little cohesive planning ever happened in the past decade.

Last edited:

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
It looks very bad for the Greenwich line in the peaks. We always knew it was likely and so not having 12 car trains will hurt badly.

One train fault and theres a 50 minute peak gap. Its very bad now for crowding. Have they thought about all the big housing blocks going up at places like Westcombe Park. Deptford etc. Doubt it as little cohesive planning ever happened in the past decade.

Where's the 50 minute peak gap if one fails?

ScotGG

Established Member
Sorry, not 50 mins but a 46 minute gap if one fails, as there's such long intervals between trains in the PM peak and only 10 carriages long maximum due to stopping at Woolwich Dockyard.

Trains leave from Cannon Street for the Greenwich line at 17:28 then a 22 minute gap to a 17:50 service then a 24 minute gap till 18:14.

That's a very slim service one of the busiest commuter lines in London. Of course there are other trains from CX but these wont stop at Deptford, Greenwich, Westcombe Park and Maze Hill as they go via Lewisham. Alternative routes to those stations aren't particularly quick or easy for many.

Last edited:

physics34

Established Member
just recieved a staff brief.

TAttenhams and caterhams will now not be included in the Thameslink proposals from 2018.

A Luton to Rainham via Dartford service will be introduced instead.

I guess this clears up some lesser stock requirements at Southeastern, and accounts for SOuthern needing the 377/5s.

southern442

Established Member

TAttenhams and caterhams will now not be included in the Thameslink proposals from 2018.

I guess this clears up some lesser stock requirements at Southeastern, and accounts for SOuthern needing the 377/5s.

What about Cambridge - Tattenham Corner? This seems like a bit of a radical change without much notice!

Last edited:

physics34

Established Member
What about Cambridge - Tattenham Corner? This seems like a bit of a radical change without much notice!

think it will be Cambridge to Maidstone East.

No thameslink to Tattenham.

Its a staff brief so i cant really post the whole thing on here...... im sure it will all come out in the wash shortly.

hwl

Established Member

I guess this clears up some lesser stock requirements at Southeastern, and accounts for Southern needing the 377/5s.

That is a very big change the CAT and TAT were:
Cambridge to Tattenham Corner
Welwyn Garden City to Caterham

Which would reduce the ECML TL services from 8tph to 4tph and really reduce the benefit of having done the canal tunnels etc.

A real return to old plans but:

1. Are some other MML TL services getting swapped to ECML instead?

2. it reduces the chances of any improvement on Southern Metro routes into LBG as it eats terminal and junction capacity.

3. it undermines the business case for rebuilding East Croydon and Windmill Bridge as it will be harder to deal with the extra trains that were mostly going to be routed to LBG and it will be impossible "southern" users to be able to reclaim that extra capacity at/beyond LBG once it has gone to SE routes.

Last edited:

465fan

think it will be Cambridge to Maidstone East.

No thameslink to Tattenham.

Its a staff brief so i cant really post the whole thing on here...... im sure it will all come out in the wash shortly.

I think, politically, this finally resolves the obstacles people had for making certain routes "TfL". Thameslink will run the one train on Southeastern that doesn't fit into TfL (namely the Gillingham semi-fast via Woolwich) and that leaves Cat and Tat, entirely in Zone 6, to go to TfL. Bugger.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
That is a very big change the CAT and TAT were:
Cambridge to Tattenham Corner
Welwyn Garden City to Caterham

Which would reduce the ECML TL services from 8tph to 4tph and really reduce the benefit of having done the canal tunnels etc.

A real return to old plans but:

1. Are some other MML TL services getting swapped to ECML instead?

2. it reduces the chances of any improvement on Southern Metro routes into LBG as it eats terminal and junction capacity.

Well Welwyn to Tattenham (as I believe it was) was always peak-only; and Cambridge will still run with the stopper to Maidstone and the fast one to Brighton. So there will be the 6tph off-peak as always planned with the Peterborough being down to Horsham.

southern442

Established Member
I think, politically, this finally resolves the obstacles people had for making certain routes "TfL". Thameslink will run the one train on Southeastern that doesn't fit into TfL (namely the Gillingham semi-fast via Woolwich) and that leaves Cat and Tat, entirely in Zone 6, to go to TfL. Bugger.

Tattenham Corner services are very tricky, because yes they are entirely in the zones, but they are, in practice, express or mainline services, and TfL seem to have a bit of an allergy to those.

physics34

Established Member

Well Welwyn to Tattenham (as I believe it was) was always peak-only; and Cambridge will still run with the stopper to Maidstone and the fast one to Brighton. So there will be the 6tph off-peak as always planned with the Peterborough being down to Horsham.

Cambridge to Tattenham was gonna be all day, Welwyn to Caterham was peak only.

kingston_toon

Definitely nothing to do with TfL's aspirations!

Class377/5

Established Member

SE is still getting additional rolling stock in addition to these plans.

New Luton to Maidstone East via London Bridge as well as Thameslink to Rainham via Greenwich is anothernew route. Catford Loop and Orpington are going to see a high frequency TL services.

Note the balance for TL ECML stays the same at 8tph as always planned with the Brighton services extended to Cambridge North.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
For me Tattenham Corner and Caterham services always looked a bit inappropriate for Thameslink because of the fixed formation units - not that it would be inappropriate to run 8-car to either bit that both routes would have had to have a cut in their peak service because splitting at Purley would only be possible on the residual Victoria service.

If all trains from Redhill are to run on the slow lines to East Croydon and 6tph are coming up from East Grinstead, there isn't much capacity left for Caterham and Tattenham Corner and maybe the times north and south of London just didn't match up.

Class 466

Established Member

New Luton to Maidstone East via London Bridge as well as Thameslink to Rainham via Greenwich is anothernew route. Catford Loop and Orpington are going to see a high frequency TL services.

Note the balance for TL ECML stays the same at 8tph as always planned with the Brighton services extended to Cambridge North.

Proposal is also for some of the Cambridge - Maidstone East Services to extend to Ashford Int'l in the peaks...

carriageline

Established Member

Luton to Maidstone East, what route from London Bridge to Maidstone will these run out of curiosity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Class 466

Established Member
Luton to Maidstone East, what route from London Bridge to Maidstone will these run out of curiosity?

The faster route... (Down to Chislehurst, then St Mary Cray and on to Maidstone) :)

carriageline

Established Member
The faster route... (Down to Chislehurst, then St Mary Cray and on to Maidstone) :)

Which is interesting/silly (unless I've misunderstood it!!) as the whole idea of these works was to segregate flows of traffic, and keep everything line of route without any crossing and changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.