• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Bridge Olympic test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Barn

Established Member
Anyone passed through yet? What's it like?

Will do in 10 mins. Wish me luck...

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Will do in 10 mins. Wish me luck...

Only took a few minutes longer than normal coming off Platforms 1-6. Passengers for the underground were seemingly directed over London Bridge itself towards Monument.

GodAtum

On Moderation
Only took a few minutes longer than normal coming off Platforms 1-6. Passengers for the underground were seemingly directed over London Bridge itself towards Monument.

Not useful if you need to get the Jubilee line to Startford!

gnolife

Established Member
Stratford :lol:

I tought it was Stopford

I agree that its a bit stupid packing everyone off to Monument - surely it'd be busy enough on the circle and district lines without having all the Jubblyliners and Northerners packed in as well.

hluraven

I interchanged on platform from a Charing Cross to a Cannon Street train without noticing anything different. This afternoon I will be getting the Northern Line down to London Bridge though, so I assume that will be problematic.

philjo

Established Member
It may be easier to change at Waterloo East if needing the Jubilee line?

neilm

It might, you could easily get on southwark. The guardian live blog said waterloo east was quiet.

Barn

Established Member
Not useful if you need to get the Jubilee line to Startford!

Yes, although the pink direction signs are heavily promoting West Ham as an alternative for the Olympic Park, including at stations with a choice, such as Westminster.

GodAtum

On Moderation
It may be easier to change at Waterloo East if needing the Jubilee line?

That's no good if you are travelling on Southern services through East Croydon?

Yes, although the pink direction signs are heavily promoting West Ham as an alternative for the Olympic Park, including at stations with a choice, such as Westminster.

Westminster is the only station with both Jubilee and District lines?

Barn

Established Member
Westminster is the only station with both Jubilee and District lines?

Baker Street, Bank/Monument and Liverpool Street also have direct trains to both West Ham and Stratford.

user15681

Established Member
I think they've been very clever here, intentionally or not. By carrying out the rehearsals, pax will see how busy the stations are and be deterred from using them during the Olympics, therefore reducing the congestion during the important times and reducing the people using the station.

People were advised to use other stations nearby, such as Waterloo East, but I think people would just not listen to the advise and continue to use their normal, busy station. Hopefully, by seeing the disruption today, they will use other stations, reducing congestion.

Then again, knowing the mentality of commuters, they'll probably still use London Bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.