• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Bridge PSB - how many panels remaining?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bromley boy

Established Member
My last box visit was a couple of years ago and an A4 day. The big green panel on the wall was just stated to be the signal diagram and the bit where they sat was just their desk. I did see the GSMR panel which was effectively a laptop screen but even that was just sitting on the Signalers desk.

(Sorry, I missed the smilie off my last post).

Last time I was in there I recall seven or eight signallers... Must be a very different atmosphere now.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

carriageline

Established Member
GSMR has it as 10a and 10b and you speak to two different Signalers. Signalers answer the phone as 'Victoria Signaler Panel..... err.. panel 10 speaking' You guys and gals must switch panels pretty often :)

I'm a little OCD with Panels. They haven't even told us the panel of the new TBROC re signalling that happened last weekend !

You’ve got Lewisham workstation which is the ‘old’ Panel 5 minus the North Kent’s after you leave Lewisham, which is still Panel 5.

You’ve got Grove Park ‘A’. Which is the old Panel 6 entirely, so MidKent, Ladywell Loop, Kent Fast/Slows at Parks Bridge to short of Hithergreen.

If you want pictures of what the signallers see, drop me a PM and I’ll forward them on to you! Always helpful to see what the other half see!

Regarding splits, we also have Workstation 3A/B which splits at Bricklayers Arms junctions. They have entirely separate concentrated and GSMR (London Bridge Central London/Country end respectively)

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Will the Powerbox be demolished once all panels have transferred?
It isn’t that straightforward, I think it’s been explained before that the lower level may still contain local interlocking equipment for the station area even though the control has been transferred.

Tim M

7D02C40A-A058-4866-ACB8-62AAFB4B7414.jpeg 67F471B5-2F38-41D9-845E-E562B3ECA7FE.jpeg
Victoria ASC had ten panels.
Taken around 1980 part way through commissioning. Victoria was just that bigger than London Bridge with about 172 route miles, most of which I walked twice during trackside surveys.
Photos from the GEC-General Signal brochure, Central side facing left, South Eastern facing right.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
It isn’t that straightforward, I think it’s been explained before that the lower level may still contain local interlocking equipment for the station area even though the control has been transferred.

There’s no interlocking downstairs, but there is some local power and telecoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.