• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London, Bristol, NE, SWT, Others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
hmm,Voyagers possibly stopped running east of Reading due to some problems!! :x

Guinness

Established Member
I guess its there for Driver Training. I've never read or even heard plans for the Paddington operation to restart...

Julian G

Established Member
Chaz said:
I guess its there for Driver Training. I've never read or even heard plans for the Paddington operation to restart...
er,the Voyager picture was taken a few years ago!! :)
there are no plans to go back to Paddington since "Operation Princess" has failed!! :x

Guinness

Established Member
1288gaje said:
Chaz said:
er,the Voyager picture was taken a few years ago!! :)
there are no plans to go back to Paddington since "Operation Princess" has failed!! :x

It says April 2005! :P

Julian G

Established Member
FGWFan said:
http://julianwhitby4769.fotopic.net/c586352.html

Just a Voyager at Paddington for now, will get more up soon. Loads from the NE, London, Bristol area, down Southampton/Weymouth way...Will be finished soon.

Comments are welcome.

At least we have visual proof of a Voyager at Paddington!
well FGWfan can tell us when the photo was taken :)

Waiting in some far corner of the country for a 37
It must be sometime in 2002. From what I remember the Paddington XC's were 47's until almost the end of the 47's so I would think it it about August, September, October 2002 (Can't remember when Virgin admitted Operation Princess had failed I think it was towards the end of 2002).

Techniquest

Veteran Member
So, so wrong Jonathan!

Taken from the picture's Properties screen:

23 April 2005, 05:45:06

:P

EDIT: I've also got another picture of the Voyager which I thought I had deleted. It was taken just before the one you've all seen, not long after I'd arrived, shattered too, from a Night Bus trip! It's being uploaded with other pictures as I speak.

Knew no-one would believe me...

Guinness

Established Member
Was VT at Paddington ever used? It must of been slow from New Street, must of taken ages on a 47....

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Picture is now uploaded, along with some of the collection from Doncaster, one at Swindon, again more will be uploaded soon.

Captions will be added when they're all uploaded and when I can be bothered.

Waiting in some far corner of the country for a 37
joy54 said:
I think some voyagers reverse in Paddington? Is this what this was FGWFan?
Voyagers stopped working services to Paddington in 2002 but they do still base some at Old Oak Common so maybe the train crew are based at Paddington or something...

And Yes VT did operate about 3 trains a day into Paddington and they were all 47's as far a Birmingham where an 86 sometimes took the train over but that was the "good old days" which sadly ended on the 19th August 2002.

I will see if I can scan some photos of VT 47's at Paddington...

AlexS

Established Member
Used to be some Wolverhampton to Paddington and Manchester to Paddington trains. Ran via Leamington Spa to Reading then down to Paddington, always 47+Mk2s. The Voyagers are stabled at Paddington between duties at Reading quite often, and always have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.