• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London bus stop tiles that aren't in alphanumeric order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popz

Usually, bus stop tiles are in alphanumeric order (i.e. 1, 12, 51, 108, B11, R5 - in an order similar to this). However, I recently noticed a bus stop in Well Hall where the '161' tile came before the '122' one.
I also noticed a bus stop in Kidbrooke which has the 'B16' tile before the '335' one.
How many more examples of this can be found in London?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MotCO

Established Member
I think there will be numerous examples. If a bus route is removed, there will be a blank space, and any new route will use that blank space. Only when the bus stop is replaced will all be in alphanumeric order.

Popz

I think there will be numerous examples. If a bus route is removed, there will be a blank space, and any new route will use that blank space. Only when the bus stop is replaced will all be in alphanumeric order.

From what I've seen, it's quite rare to find them not in order

AB93

The tiles clip on and off so they can be re-arranged into the correct order.

London Trains

Definitely not what the OP had in mind, but there are a lot of examples.

Night buses (starting with an N) appear after the list of all the routes, so any bus stop with a route beginning with a letter after N will appear before the night bus.

National Express coaches also appear after the full list of routes so are likely to be out of alphanumeric order.

Status
Not open for further replies.