• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Euston to Gatley delay repay

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnolife

Established Member
Hi guys

I'm wondering which TOC I should go to with a claim for money back for a journey from London Euston to Gatley that I made yesterday, 18/01/2013.

The tickets held were
Return portion of an Off Peak Return from London Terminals to Crewe route London Midland only
Return portion of an Anytime Return from Crewe to Manchester Stns route Any Permitted
Off Peak Day Single from Manchester Stns to Gatley

My planned journey was
16:46 London Midland from London Euston - Crewe 19:24
19:50 Northern Rail from Crewe - Manchester Piccadilly 20:49
21:08 TransPennine Express from Manchester Piccadilly - Gatley 21:22

The journey I actually made was, with actual times at each point shown in brackets
17:40 (17:53) Virgin Trains from London Euston - Manchester Piccadilly 19:49 (21:47)
22:46 (22:47) Northern Rail from Manchester Piccadilly - Gatley 22:59 (23:01)

At around 17:00, an announcement was made stating that tickets for London Midland services would be accepted where the destination could be reached by using Virgin Trains, therefore I took the first train that left for Crewe, which, conveniently for me was going on to Manchester.

Would I submit a claim for money back to Virgin Trains or London Midland, and would I be able to claim on all the tickets (by use of condition 19)?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gnolife

Established Member
What happened to the 16.46 train?

It left after the 17:40.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Correction: It was announced after the 17:40, It then terminated at Rugby
It left after the 17:40.

Correction: It was announced after the 17:40, It then terminated at Rugby

Second correction: Milton Keynes, not Rugby

Last edited:

telstarbox

Established Member
I would go for LM first, but keep a copy/photo of the tickets. From their website:

London Midland said:
If your London Midland journey is delayed by 30 minutes or more, we think you ought to be compensated whether it's our fault or not.

You should be able to claim for all the tickets as the delay is - I've successfully done this before although that claim was to VT, who tend to be generous with compensation.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
You claim from the TOC that caused the initial delay, in this case it is London Midland.

Condition 19 applies at all times.

As above, I would submit your claim online. You can keep the physical tickets in case it is needed at a future date.

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
You claim from the TOC that caused the initial delay, in this case it is London Midland.

Condition 19 applies at all times.

As above, I would submit your claim online. You can keep the physical tickets in case it is needed at a future date.

Apparently they have a massive backlog of claims so don't expect anything back for a couple of months

Status
Not open for further replies.