• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London-Glasgow - best places to split tickets (27 Dec)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicos

As titled, as WCML has some engineering works on that day PRE-LAN, if I can I'm keen to avoid that route as it involves a replacement bus between the stations. Tickets are pretty cheap at £19.80 with a YP Railcard, but it's only for the later departures from Euston at 17.30/18.30, which will get me into Glasgow at 23.17 or even 00.05!

What are some places I could potentially split tickets? I am willing to change or go on local routes, or even on the ECML if it's any cheaper.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

paul1609

Established Member
I commute from Romney Marsh up to Garelochead weekly and I haven't found any split between London and Scotland that is worthwhile on walk up tickets. Sometimes you can split advance tickets to make it worthwhile but often not. Frankly if theres busitution Id avoid it like the plague and either go via the East Coast, Air or even National Express. Its not the buses themselves that are the problem its the inability of the rail industry to organise a piss up in a brewery.

Status
Not open for further replies.