• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London - Glasgow/Fort William

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help/advice for some tickets to Glasgow and then onwards to Fort William and then back down to London.

Outbound is Sat 25th Sept and I wish to stayuntil Mon 27th and then travel up to Fort William for one night and then back to London on Tuesday 28th (after doing the AM Jacobite). Two adults travelling with a Two Together railcard.
(I know advance tickets won’t be released yet for these dates)

edit: change of dates

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

roversfan2001

Established Member
The only advice that can be given this far in advance is to wait for Advance tickets to be released for those dates. The Monday may well open up considerably earlier than the Saturday, so buying the outward and return legs separately may be cheapest.

sonic2009

Established Member
I had a terrible experience last September using it from Edinburgh to Euston but I’m always happy to try it again especially if it’s at a decent price!
Well the only reason is you mention doing the Jacobite on the Tuesday morning? Are you doing 1 round trip between Fort William and Maliag? As if you are there is no connection back to London on the Tuesday, only the train as far as Glasgow Queen Street, or the Sleeper.

Well the only reason is you mention doing the Jacobite on the Tuesday morning? Are you doing 1 round trip between Fort William and Maliag? As if you are there is no connection back to London on the Tuesday, only the train as far as Glasgow Queen Street, or the Sleeper.
Yes one round trip on the Jacobite on the morning departure and if it means staying in Glasgow (plus hotel cost) then so be it. Depends on the cost of that or the sleeper.

alistairlees

Established Member
You can buy tickets up to 12 months ahead on sleeper.scot. The price for two people in a classic room on Tuesday 28 Sep from fort William to London is £205. On Monday 27 Sep and weds 29 Sep it’s £175.

sonic2009

Established Member
Would you consider flying? If you can get to Inverness Airport for 2100 on the Monday, there's a flight back to Luton for £15pp with Easyjet.

Status
Not open for further replies.