London-Hitchin Fare Advice (Good Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuwhu

I'm just wondering if there is a cheaper way to get from London-Hitchin and back in a day than the 12.60 super off peak return? I will have a Pay as you go Oyster card but no railcard

Thanks in advance for any help offered

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Great Northern's Super Off Peak tickets are good value. How many of you are travelling? If there's 3 or more than you can get the ticket as a Groupsave and save 34% as long as you all travel together.

Depending on what you're doing when you get to London you might want to buy the Super Off Peak Day Travelcard for £18.60 which gives unlimited travel on trains, tubs and buses within Zones 1-6. If you're doing more than a couple of Underground journeys it'll probably work out cheaper plus there's no need to top-up.

philjo

Established Member
If you are likely to be doing other off-peak journeys during the next 12 months in the south east area it may be worthwhile to conisder getting a Network card - the super off-peak day return would then be £8.30. There would be no minimum fare on Good Friday (normally mon-fri there is a minimum fare of £13)

Also if you are using payg on oyster to get the Kings Cross check the oyster fare to Finsbury Park - as it may well be the same oyster fare and get the tube and change there as it is £1 cheaper I think for the return to Hitchin.

Hadders

Established Member
Fares Advisor
The Super Off Peak fare from Hitchin to Finsbury Park is £12.60 too!

A singe Zone 1 Underground journey on Oyster PAYG is £2.40.

I agree about buying a Network Railcard if the OP is likely to make enough journeys.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm just wondering if there is a cheaper way to get from London-Hitchin and back in a day than the 12.60 super off peak return? I will have a Pay as you go Oyster card but no railcard

Thanks in advance for any help offered
No! I'm not sure what you had in mind. That's a fantastic price. Walk-up fares from York are nowhere near that good value!

philjo

Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.