• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London-Manchester on 6th June?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supervc-10

Hi all- I'm normally pretty good at finding good tickets, and timings. Due to go down to London Friday 4th and back up north to Manchester on 6th June. But trying to book something for the return leg back to Manchester and I'm struggling. National Rail shows an hourly service- but then says no return fares available. Trainsplit is insisting I change at Crewe. Any ideas? If I take the direct down the saving over a normal off-peak return isn't huge, I'd probably just get one of those, but if there aren't any direct services running that day then I'll just get the cheap Trainsplit advance.

I know the ECML is completely shut south of Grantham those days- would seem very odd to close the WCML too!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
From another thread a couple of days ago, Avanti reservations haven't yet been released for the Sunday because of engineering work timetables not having been signed off (not directly due to Covid, as NRE suggests).
The Avanti website shows this when you try to book.
Not impressive, I agree, but seats will become available.

supervc-10

Thank you! That's a relief. If I can't get a cheap advance I'll just buy a regular off-peak fare, but glad they will be operating trains on the WCML!

Status
Not open for further replies.