• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London -Manchester Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauldubs

If I buy an Off Peak return route Any Permitted with my senior railcard am I right in assuming I can arrive into Piccadilly continue to Oxford Road?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Yes. Someone from G4S at Piccadilly tried to say otherwise but they are valid unless endorsed Virgin Trains Only.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Yes, you can.

Might I ask that in future you write 'Any Permitted' rather than 'AP' as AP is sometimes used for routes on Advance tickets, which the Off-Peak Return is not. It can cause confusion if it is used for Any Permitted.

island

Veteran Member
It's allowed (and you can go to Deansgate G-Mex as well if the urge strikes you), although as 185 said, if you get a bad G4S Northern clerk (which is most of them) you may have to argue the point with them.

Lampshade

Established Member
It's allowed (and you can go to Deansgate G-Mex as well if the urge strikes you), although as 185 said, if you get a bad G4S Northern clerk (which is most of them) you may have to argue the point with them.

Also to Victoria via Salford Crescent :)

pemma

Veteran Member
If you get the xx:20 departure from Euston to Manchester it's easier to change at Stockport to the Liverpool train, which will be on the same or the adjacent platform at Stockport opposed to changing at Piccadilly.

Lampshade

Established Member
If you get the xx:20 departure from Euston to Manchester it's easier to change at Stockport to the Liverpool train, which will be on the same or the adjacent platform at Stockport opposed to changing at Piccadilly.

Or if you get the xx:00 departure it'd be easier to change to the Preston service given the EMT service is likely to be wedged.

londonbridge

Established Member
If you have a ticket to Manchester Stations does it include Old Trafford/Manchester United's ground?

pemma

Veteran Member
If you have a ticket to Manchester Stations does it include Old Trafford/Manchester United's ground?

No. Manchester STNS includes Piccadilly, Victoria, Oxford Road and Deansgate. For Manchester United you need to buy an extra ticket costing £3.50

district

Should be OK to any of the group stations via any permitted routes... G4S on the other hand...

island

Veteran Member
No. Manchester STNS includes Piccadilly, Victoria, Oxford Road and Deansgate. For Manchester United you need to buy an extra ticket costing £3.50

Or possibly less, if an overdistance excess is available.

pemma

Veteran Member
Or possibly less, if an overdistance excess is available.

AKAIK there are no through tickets available to Man United's ground and you have to buy a new ticket at Manchester where ever you come from.

Man United's ground is also excluded from TfGM zonal tickets.

pemma

Veteran Member
We have zonal tickets now?

You mean the System One Travelcards sponsered by TfGM?

Well there are effectively zones even if TfGM don't refer to them as such as the boundary for different ticket types is different. On my local line most TfGM tickets end at Hale, the Evening Returns extend to Plumley while the Wayfarer extends to Northwich.

AFAIK the only ticket valid on the Manchester United shuttles is a standard rail ticket to or from Manchester STNS.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
The System One cards all cover the same area, but could be considered zonal because they are valid within a defined area. Evening Returns aren't zonal, they are point to point tickets. None of these, nor the Wayfarer, are valid to Man Utd FC Halt though.

Status
Not open for further replies.