• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Meet 17th December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
London Meet
17th December 2005

I was meant to meet joy54 at the station, BUT i couldn't find him anywhere
But at 10:44 I spotted joea1 at platform 12
Then I went to platform 8 where I found Joe
HE WAS THE ONLY PERSON THAT TURNED UP ON THE MEET
Then I told him there was Swordfish 33 at platform 2
We went there and came back to platform 9
I was looking for FGWfan!! and Galvanise as they were meant to be at Clapham between
11:00-12:00
Then We went to platform 2 and took 11:35 Silverlink to Kensington Olympia
Then we went over to platform 3 and We took the Super Voyager (it was too early)
(There were some works going on platform 3- possibly platform extension)
The Voyager stopped outside Clapham and we kept on going on the Slow line (boring slow)
We got at E.Croydon by 12:17
We then went over to platform 1 so we could take the 12:24 Brighton Express to Clapham Junction...
We got at Clapham Junction at 12:34 and rushed to platform 6 so we could see Tangmere
After Tangmere we took the Delayed 12:54-12:58 Reading train to London Waterloo
There we had missed the Drain by seconds :( We waited 10mins for the next train
Then we changed at Bank for the Central line to Stratford
We saw a Freightliner Skoda and a Shed
(I love 317s)
We went to other platforms to take photos and then returned to platform 12 at 14:10
We took photos of the 317 at platform 12, then at 14:28 we boarded the train (Pantograph Car!!!!!!!)
The train left at 14:33, the joys of electricity, the pantograph kept buzzing loudly (Yep!)
Then we got off at Tottenham Hale
And we got back to Liverpool Street on STANSTED EXPRESS, YES, STANSTED EXPRESS
joe asked the driver if we could board the train, the driver said yes
The we boarded the train
We got off at Liverpool Street and took photos of one trains
Then we took a Hammersmith & City line to KXSP
At Farringdon we saw the Southern livered 319 * wrong place for that train *
We got off at KXSP and went to the Victoria line to Victoria
We got 15:45 Catherham train to Clapham Junction
We saw the steamer passing
then we took 16:05 back to Victoria
and we saw Tangmere steaming
People were using flash photography
and then we said farewell

----------------------------------------------------------
1) Where was Yorkie?
I phoned him two times with no answer
2) Where was joy54?
I looked for you everywhere
3) Yay! 317 buzzing!
4) Nitro didn't turn up as he wasn't allowed
5) Where were Galvanise and FGWfan!! ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Galvanize

1288gaje said:
5) Where were Galvanise and FGWfan!! ?

At 11:00, we were heading to Greenford, then trying to get to Clapham Junction but the District and Circle line was screwed (again :( <( :x)

We were at Clapham at around 13:00

RJ

Established Member
yech14.jpg

^^171806 with an unusual coupling^^

yech1g.jpg

^^An unusual sight-two Electrostars destined for East Grinstead arriving at East Croydon at the same time. The one on platform 6 was delayed, thus only stopping at Oxted on the way. The one approaching platform 3 was an all stations service.

yech1i.jpg

^^MK1s stabled at Clapham Yard^^

yech1k.jpg

^^33103 "Swordfish" stabled at Clapham Junction^^

yech1m.jpg

^^10-WES, there was a lot of liquid coming out of one of the coaches!^^

yech1q.jpg

^^159018^^

yech1t.jpg

^^10-WES^^

yech16.jpg

^^Desiro^^

yech1u.jpg

^^313 + 33^^

yech1v.jpg

^^317 511^^

yech1w.jpg

^^317 511^^

yech10.jpg

^^One + Ex-Virgin 90^^

yech1z.jpg

^^90 + 170 + Stansted Express 317 + Stansted Express 317 + One 317^^

yech2y.jpg

^^Ex-Virgin 90014^^

yech21.jpg

^^170208-some damage is still evident^^

yech22.jpg

^^90 + Mk3 set^^

yech23.jpg

^^33103 again in the afternoon^^

yech2f.jpg

^^33103^^

yech25.jpg

^^Tangmere^^

[ This post has been edited by tubechallenger - reason: adjusted 2 words to bypass swear filter]

jonb

Established Member
Ah i see they fixed 90014 and one of the refurb sets. This was on the 0730 LLS - NRW which we were on and was failed at Colchester due to a broken door on the DVT!

Nice photos as well.

Met Driver

Established Member
joea1 said:
http://images.fotopic.net/yech14.jpg

^^171806 with an unusual coupling^^

FWIW, there's nothing unusual about that coupling. All Class 171s are fitted with Dellner couplings (pictured) so that they can be coupled to electrostars when necessary.

RJ

Established Member
[ This post has been edited by tubechallenger - reason: adjusted 2 words to bypass swear filter]

:? I don't use swear words on forums :?

FWIW, there's nothing unusual about that coupling. All Class 171s are fitted with Dellner couplings (pictured) so that they can be coupled to electrostars when necessary.

It was indeed a joke as the coupler is occupied - but not with another Dellner.

Nice photos as well.

Thanks!

RJ

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
You used the abbreviation for Stansted Express.

Yes.....

Heathrow Express is commonly referred to as HeX
Gatwick Express is commonly referred to as GeX
So the Stansted express should just follow the trend...

Even so, "sex" (why the filter?!) isn't even a swear word!

a.) It's an abbreviation for Stanstead Express
b.) The gender of a person
c.) The process which causes you to enter the world

T

Tom

It is done like that to avoid possible differentiations that people may "enjoy" to use, and people have used it that way in the past.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
It is done like that to avoid possible differentiations that people may "enjoy" to use, and people have used it that way in the past.

As in 'I make love twice nightly' and stuff like that?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
For the record, I arrived at Paddington at 1032. I met heart-of-wessex and Galvanise by the barriers. Sprinter had been number crunching at KGX, so we waited for him to arrive. We then got the 1058 to Greenford, as I had wanted to do that for ages. We proceeded to do that in First Class, then got a Central line train EB about 8 minutes later. A seminar picture had been taken before that.

We arrived at Notting Hill Gate and got a District line train to Wimbledon, as far as Earls Court. We did a refurb 'D' stock train to HSK (I got confused, having not noticed us alighting at Earls Court, thought it was HSK then!), on the return then to Olympia I finally got to grips with where I was. The refurb is well nice!

We alighted at Olympia, just missing by 2 minutes a 313. We eventually get the 1242 SN service, passing a 313 (the one 1288gaje was on) in the meantime. We regretted not getting the District line to West Brompton, or getting the bus to Clapham Junction then. We liked the refurb too much on the way back from HSK that we didn't think to get off at Earls Court. We would have made that missed 313 if we'd gone there before!

Julian G

Established Member
FGWFan said:
For the record, I arrived at Paddington at 1032. I met heart-of-wessex and Galvanise by the barriers. Sprinter had been number crunching at KGX, so we waited for him to arrive. We then got the 1058 to Greenford, as I had wanted to do that for ages. We proceeded to do that in First Class, then got a Central line train EB about 8 minutes later. A seminar picture had been taken before that.

We arrived at Notting Hill Gate and got a District line train to Wimbledon, as far as Earls Court. We did a refurb 'D' stock train to HSK (I got confused, having not noticed us alighting at Earls Court, thought it was HSK then!), on the return then to Olympia I finally got to grips with where I was. The refurb is well nice!

We alighted at Olympia, just missing by 2 minutes a 313. We eventually get the 1242 SN service, passing a 313 (the one 1288gaje was on) in the meantime. We regretted not getting the District line to West Brompton, or getting the bus to Clapham Junction then. We liked the refurb too much on the way back from HSK that we didn't think to get off at Earls Court. We would have made that missed 313 if we'd gone there before!
that was the 11:35 we took and 11:57 Voyager

Status
Not open for further replies.