• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Meet 2nd September

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I started off by going up to Wolverhampton from Coventry to see two class 47s on an ECS to Norwich. I then returned to Birmingham New Street and saw 90037 depart for London. I then met up with andrewmay and yorkie. We got to 1100 to Euston in a Pendolino. We went as far as Watford Junction. We then changed to a Silverlink 321 to Harrow and Wealdstone. We saw a bit of freight as well as the usual WCML units. From there we got a Southern Service in a 377 as far as Kensington Olympia. There we met joy54 and 1228gaje. We then all went to Willesden Junction and changed on to a 313 to go to Camden Road. We saw quite a bit of freight. After this it was a short journey to Euston to catch the class 90 back to Birmingham. We only just caught it. We left the others at Euston with just andrewmay and me going to Birmingham. At Birmingham I left andrewmay to go on the class 90 back to Coventry. Due to a DVT fault the train had to leave the station northbound via Aston which was unexpected. I left the train at Coventry and got the bus home. Photos online shortly at http://railuk.fotopic.net

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

andrewmay

I was waiting for that 90 on platform 4a at New Street. When it pulled away in the opposite direction I was a bit annoyed as I had been waiting for an extra 10 minutes for it to depart to take some photos.

Julian G

Established Member
yeah, it was a great day! :)
shame there wasn't a Royal Train at Olympia :(

Julian G

Established Member
and the driver of the 66 sounding the horn really made me jump :o

Nick

1288gaje said:

You get used to it. Especially when your ears get used to steam train whistles, rather funny...makes all the small children jump.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Nick said:
1288gaje said:

You get used to it. Especially when your ears get used to steam train whistles, rather funny...makes all the small children jump.

Especially Thomas, he makes everybody jump cause his whistle is far too high pitched and loud, then again, when the Standard 2 feathers, and you're stood next to it for a few minutes, you can expect hearing loss.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
1288gaje said:

So trains do hoot then :shock: ;)

Tomnick

Established Member
1288gaje said:
ask joy54 then ;)
Methinks either of you could explain it equally well! However, you've made me curious...so you're the ideal choice at this moment... ;) .

bunnahabhain

Established Member
If you look closely you can see some distortions that the sound waves have made in the ripples of time.

joy54.gen

I didn't do anything illegal I just did a hand signal for the driver to thrash up and he responded with a horn and quite good accelaration.

Status
Not open for further replies.