• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland Class 153 - NXEA Loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Chris

Good Evening Folks,

I was just wondering through the old threads and stumbled across the thread on the LM 153s being loaned to replace the Subury Branch damaged 156 and was interested to know the following:
Have they now returned to LM?
If so when did they head back to the midlands?
I did wonder if it was at the timetable change when theoretically at least there was a spare unit in the NXEA fleet.
And also does anyone have a progress report on repair of the 156 damaged?

Thanks in advance
Chris

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aictos

Established Member
The London Midland 153's on loan to National Express East Anglia still ought to be on loan, I used them less then 2 weeks ago and they were on the Wherry lines.

A bit surreal to see Gloucester as the destination on the destination screens above the secondman's window at places like Norwich and Lowestoft.

Still least they're currently being used in the former class 155 formation with the original cabs being on the outside of the train and the smaller cabs being boxed in - Must be the good living down there needing this formation!!!

LM must have alot of spare stock if they were able to loan a 153 to Northern aswell.

And also does anyone have a progress report on repair of the 156 damaged?

Thanks in advance
Chris

I heard a couple of months ago that no work had been started on repairing 156417 yet as apparently the chassis is cracked in 3 different places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member
2x153 diagrams and 2x321 diagrams were removed in the December timetable changed by reducing train lengths. A double "win" for LM in saving mileage costs and then gaining sub-lease profit, but not for their customers who have less coaches on already overcrowded trains as...

MCR247

Established Member
Things like this should not be able to happen in a stock shortage! SWT should be made to give up as many DMUs as possible, and so should ATW. The LM 153 on loan to Northern should stay there, and when the 2x 153 come back from Anglia (not for ages!) then if LM need them they can have them, if not cascade them

SprinterMan

Established Member
I rread somewhere that the LM 153's either can't or not allowed to couple to NXEA 153/156/170 stock for electrical reasons. Is this true?
Thanks

Established Member
They definitely are still with NXEA, as I saw one yesterday heading towards the Sudbury branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.