• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland Delay Repay Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanD

Established Member
My friend had a one day off peak travelcard from Northampton to London Zones 1 to 6 priced at £19.75 with a Senior railcard discount.

Her return journey on 22/05 was delayed by 1 hour and 45 minutes due to signalling problems at Euston, points failure somewhere and 2 failed trains at Milton Keynes and Rugby.

A delay repay claim was submitted and she has received only £5 in vouchers.

LM's website says that if the delay is between 1 and 2 hours then she should have got 50%. There's no mention of different rates if the ticket is a travelcard.

Should she have received £9.85/£9.90?

http://www.londonmidland.com/your-journey/delay-repay/

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Maybe it would be worth tweeting LondonMidland, they are usually quite good at sorting things out.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
It might also be worth writing to them asking how the amount of compensation was calculated in her case.

IanD

Established Member
Thanks guys. Neither of us use twitter so we'll definitely be writing. Just wondered if for some reason travelcards were treated differently.

IanD

Established Member
My friend emailed them about this and they have now said they will send another £5.

I suppose it saves them a fortune not giving out the correct amount in the first place. Most people would be grateful for any refund so the proportion of people complaining would be pretty small. Shrewd business move but not really in the spirit of the scheme.

Clip

Established Member
My friend emailed them about this and they have now said they will send another £5.

I suppose it saves them a fortune not giving out the correct amount in the first place. Most people would be grateful for any refund so the proportion of people complaining would be pretty small. Shrewd business move but not really in the spirit of the scheme.

Or the person who calculated it may have made a simple mistake in working out the refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.