• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland (ex Saver) Restrictions - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

First class

Established Member
Just to advise the forum that the Off Peak Returns (former Saver Returns) that were restricted in the return direction towards Birmingham in the evening have now been rectified by an emergency amendment to the NFM for DfT Non-compliance (27 February) and all TIS should show the amended restriction by the end of the week.

(Can't find the original thread!)

Restriction CS now applies.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

First class

Established Member
No, Restriction DL was incorrectly applied to some Off Peak (Saver) Return flows.

LK should be addressed in NFM12 during the normal fares amendment period.

Greeby

Wait a second. If that SRA quote is the standard to work by. Then doesn't that make MKC's inclusion in the 9I/2C restriction also non-compliance?

First class

Established Member
Wait a second. If that SRA quote is the standard to work by. Then doesn't that make MKC's inclusion in the 9I/2C restriction also non-compliance?

Most of 2C seems non-compliant.

They should also be valid after 19:00, so Milton Keynes fails on this point as the restriction is 19:14. (Stevenage fails also 19:09).

I also agree that the Milton Keynes Central SVR should not be restricted in the evening as it falls outside the defined area of "London".

That is a Virgin Trains flow and restriction, however, and they are notorious at finding a way around regulation. That said, I'll try and work my magic.

Last edited by a moderator:

radamfi

Established Member
When were afternoon restrictions out of MKC introduced? I notice you can still travel north out of Bedford in the afternoon peak on an Off-Peak Return.

Greeby

When were afternoon restrictions out of MKC introduced? I notice you can still travel north out of Bedford in the afternoon peak on an Off-Peak Return.

I've checked the archived Manuals. Summer 2009 during NFM 03. Before that, nearly all Virgin north of MKC was 9M, then switched to the now defunct 9L (A virtual clone of 9M with BoJ restrictions removed)

radamfi

Established Member
I've checked the archived Manuals. Summer 2009 during NFM 03. Before that, nearly all Virgin north of MKC was 9M, then switched to the now defunct 9L (A virtual clone of 9M with BoJ restrictions removed)

Blimey, as long ago as that. Was there much discussion about this on the forum? Surely it could be argued that this issue is at least as important to campaign about as the Gatwick Express situation, and is possibly easier to argue legally assuming the SRA guidelines are still appropriate?

First class

Established Member
The SRA Conclusions in 2003 are still broadly valid.

Someone let me know if you find any more non-compliant SVRs within the London Midland basket. I can't find any more. I've started to deal with the VT 2C restriction.

RJ

Established Member
Most of 2C seems non-compliant.

They should also be valid after 19:00, so Milton Keynes fails on this point as the restriction is 19:14. (Stevenage fails also 19:09).

I also agree that the Milton Keynes Central SVR should not be restricted in the evening as it falls outside the defined area of "London".

That is a Virgin Trains flow and restriction, however, and they are notorious at finding a way around regulation. That said, I'll try and work my magic.

By the same token it's easy enough to bypass the evening peak restrictions, also applies for EMT and EC out of London :p

Status
Not open for further replies.