• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland - finding their own fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen rp

I'm going Warrington to Moreton-in-Marsh next Wednesday (first thing). I'm never sure whether the LM site is showing its own cheapest fare (even for Crewe-London - I use tpexpress and click their "slower routes" to find the LM only fares). I need a good price advantage to use advance tickets (and I get railcard discount on the fares quoted).

Trying to split tickets (and looking only for singles) LM came up with a first class advance for £22.50 Liverpool S Parkway to Worcester at either 0640 or 0715 (connections possible in from Sankey). (The £18 std advance is sold out.) So that would be with singles at either end £39.20 against the anytime single £59.50. Splitting at Wolverhampton gives £55.30 - I couldn't find a better split but trainsplit came up with the bizarre thing that anytime single is available Wolverhampton to Honeybourne but not to Moreton, and that brings it down to £49.40!

But how on the LM site do you know if you've got their cheapest fare? There's a £39 OPR Crewe-London on the 0649 direct train but it doesn't come up on LM.... (as it's a long journey via Brum and the 07 55 gets in 10 mins later - but it does show on the tpe site).

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
But how on the LM site do you know if you've got their cheapest fare? There's a £39 OPR Crewe-London on the 0649 direct train but it doesn't come up on LM.... (as it's a long journey via Brum and the 07 55 gets in 10 mins later - but it does show on the tpe site).
On the LM site you simply need to select travel via Birmingham New Street (BHM) and the £39 Off Peak Return will show up.

Oscar

Fares Advisor
Please use the standard 3-letter codes when shortening names of ticket types to avoid confusion - the Off-Peak Return you refer to is SVR, not OPR. OPR is London Midland's Super Off-Peak Return. You can find the codes at brfares.com. You can also use this website to check the validity (operator/time restrictions) of the tickets you find on ticket retailing websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.