• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanPooleTrains

Established Member
You appear to be complaining for the sake of complaining, not trying to come up with realistic "solutions", not willing to listen to the experience of other people (including the knowledgeable staff on this thread)

No, I was making observations FYI and this never started to come up with "solutions"

If you people wanna shoot down my observations, maybe i should ask myself DILLIGAF?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IanPooleTrains

Established Member
Then a seat goes empty, simple. Just like the hundreds of reserved seats that go unused every single day.
Now. Whats your solution

You have obviously misinterpreted your own question

You said:

Only allow the same number of people on the train as there are seats

So train gets full, everyone is sitting down in their seat and here comes someone with a reserved ticket on that train and he cannot get on because someone said just allow the same number of people on the train as there are seats, what then genius?

Minilad

Established Member
You have obviously misinterpreted your own question

You said:

So train gets full, everyone is sitting down in their seat and here comes someone with a reserved ticket on that train and he cannot get on because someone said just allow the same number of people on the train as there are seats, what then genius?

If everyone on the train could only get on with a reserved seat and this guy had a reserved seat then quite obviously there would still be a seat left for him.
Now. Leaving aside the personal remarks would you please explain what you would do to solve the problem you think exists. Thank you

IanPooleTrains

Established Member
If everyone on the train could only get on with a reserved seat and this guy had a reserved seat then quite obviously there would still be a seat left for him.
Now. Leaving aside the personal remarks would you please explain what you would do to solve the problem you think exists. Thank you

There isn't one because it is just going to keep happening, simple!

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Ian, you are again looking silly.

XCDriver is very obviously demonstrating that your hypothetical "stop overcrowding on trains to help safety" rant is utter nonsense. He's not seriously suggesting what he's saying, he's showing you that it's unworkable, the hard way. Once again you are being strangely aggressive. Can you please desist from this ignorance now?

Minilad

Established Member
Ian, you are again looking silly.

XCDriver is very obviously demonstrating that your hypothetical "stop overcrowding on trains to help safety" rant is utter nonsense. He's not seriously suggesting what he's saying, he's showing you that it's unworkable, the hard way. Once again you are being strangely aggressive. Can you please desist from this ignorance now?

Indeed, Thank you

IanPooleTrains

Established Member
XCDriver is very obviously demonstrating that your hypothetical "stop overcrowding on trains to help safety" rant is utter nonsense.

Okay then, when we have a huge train crash, god forbid, and we have two overcrowded trains crashing into each other resulting in hundreds of fatalities, please feel free to come back and tell me I talk utter nonsense, call me silly, call me ignorant and every other name under the sun :(

tbtc

Veteran Member
No, I was making observations FYI and this never started to come up with "solutions"

If you people wanna shoot down my observations, maybe i should ask myself DILLIGAF?

Charming.

I'm really not sure what the point of this thread was then (if you are not looking for any "solutions" and don't want to learn from the railway staff on here), other than to complain about how your local branchline (with 100mph 170s etc) is hard done by...

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Okay Ian, so you'd be happy to revert to a reservation only system? Refusing access to everyone who hasn't booked a seat in advance?

Answer the question.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Okay then, when we have a huge train crash, god forbid, and we have two overcrowded trains crashing into each other resulting in hundreds of fatalities, please feel free to come back and tell me I talk utter nonsense, call me silly, call me ignorant and every other name under the sun :(

I would rather be on two overcrowded trains that crash than two half full trains. Surely it lessens the risk of fatality?

tbtc

Veteran Member

So, that'd be all our fault then?

And only letting people onto trains who held reservations is the only way forward?

What are you trying to say Ian?

IanPooleTrains

Established Member
Charming.

I'm really not sure what the point of this thread was then (if you are not looking for any "solutions" and don't want to learn from the railway staff on here), other than to complain about how your local branchline (with 100mph 170s etc) is hard done by...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

I was observing on LM in general but please feel free to carry on

Minilad

Established Member

Right. Who want's this one. I would but I would just get called a genius and asinine so I will leave it for someone else to pick it up and run with it.

Ian. Just stop. Please. You are not adding anything to any debate here you are just making it worse for yourself. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion but sometimes you have to wonder what this is all leading up to.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
What about people who get 20 minutes notice before a train is due about an event that requires their attendance (i.e. important meeting brought forward / new child being born)? Do they have to wait a further two hours so that they can book a reservation?

Hydro

Established Member
My observations are fact. FACT.

Don't try and discuss them.

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster

And yet again you have utterly missed the point. You are one of the most remarkable people I have ever come across.

Regardless of whether this is the case, the point being made is that THERE IS NO PRACTICAL WAY to prevent overcrowding occurring on the railway in the vast majority of situations. No-one is claiming this is a good thing. Wake up.

I've wasted enough of my life on this now, I think...

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I think this is just going to continue going round in circles. Topic locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.