• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland train cancelled ,Virgin charged £65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veteran Member
Virgin are currently apologising for delay in dealing with refund requests - mine took 2 months and a follow-up mail

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ramitamimi

Sorry for OT,but are there any news about Virgin Traveller Club? I am planning couple of trips to Scotland ,and was wondering is TC going to be restarted any soon?

IanD

Established Member
AFAIK they have stopped this practice.

My experience would say that you are incorrect on this. I recently received £50 in rail vouchers for asking a question about their website that they didn't answer. That's made my summer a lot cheaper.

Now, what can I ask next...?

Last edited:

jon0844

Veteran Member
Write back and say you're extremely disappointed that they sent you vouchers for not answering a question. Should be worth another £50 or even more when they see the word 'disappointed'. :)

ramitamimi

I actually wrote to the Virgin trains facebook team ,to enquire about the status of the claim (as I did not get any reply for about 2,5 months) ,and they said that they will be offering me a complementary return first class ticket,but the letter did not have a hint of that...

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
My experience would say that you are incorrect on this. I recently received £50 in rail vouchers for asking a question about their website that they didn't answer. That's made my summer a lot cheaper.

Now, what can I ask next...?

My information comes from speaking to a senior member of staff within Customer Service at Virgin.

Things might have changed.

ramitamimi

So after submitting a complain, today I got a response that the TM was indeed right to issue a new ticket, but I was offered ,a first class return ,that has to be used up to November 2013, (in form of a code) ,this is in addition to £65 in RTV already received,so I am quiet happy after all , as I actually arrived earlier than I would otherwise do if I followed the advance ticket ,got a free journey ,plus a 1st return ticket.

I would like to thank all of you,who answered in this thread for their help!

PS what would be the best value ticket for the journey?

island

Veteran Member
Assuming the ticket is for use on Virgin trains only, I think Euston to Edinburgh is as far as you can get.

bnm

Established Member
and a hot mail service in the evening

Fortunately the typo wasn't the anagram of meal that rhymes with mail. :p:lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Or rather, is a homophone rather than a rhyme.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Fortunately the typo wasn't the anagram of meal that rhymes with mail. :p:lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Or rather, is a homophone rather than a rhyme.

Oops! That was some pretty shoddy auto-correct.

IanD

Established Member
The maximum value you will get out of it is a breakfast service in one direction and a hot meal service in the evening between London and Scotland.

If travelling to Edinburgh with strategic changing, I believe you can get a meal on all four legs of the journey. (Or more if you change more than once each way!)

Status
Not open for further replies.