• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London-Nailsea, 16-25 railcard, Z1-6 travelcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a cheaper ticket between London and Nailsea including a Z1-6 Travelcard season? Not sure if there are any but it doesn't hurt to ask!

Travelling down after 8pm on a weekday, back around lunchtime also on a weekday.

Ideally want to travel direct (via Bristol) rather than absolutely cheapest price...

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kieron

Established Member
What ticket are you thinking of at the moment?
And are you saying that you have a travelcard season, or that you would like one to be included with the ticket?

higthomas

If he has a travel card season, he can use any train that passes through using a 19c split.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
We need to know a few more details to be able to advise. I assume the return is a different day to the outward. Does the OP have any railcards or a Gold Card?

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Apologies, my mistake for not being clearer.

At the time of travelling I will already hold a Z1-6 Travelcard on an Oyster card, and a 16-25 railcard. I'll also have my Staff Oyster card but obviously this has no validity on NR*.

Out and in journeys will be on separate days, but both off-peak.

As an additional addendum too, I may need to split my journey at Bath on the return, possibly overnight.

Thanks in advance all - I can only just get my head around LU ticketing for work, so I've no chance when it comes to NR! :lol:

kieron

Established Member
A Southall-Nailsea super off peak return route "not London" would be £36.95 with your railcard. You would use your travelcard season between Paddington and Southall, and it's valid on trains which don't stop at Southall because you're using a season ticket.

A cheaper option would be a £22 Southall-Swindon super off peak return and a £13.05 Swindon-Nailsea off peak return, for £35.05 in total.

There's a long list of when the ticket would be valid on NRE, but it's fine for the times you gave.

These tickets are valid via Bristol TM, Bath, Chippenham and Swindon, and you can break your return journey overnight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.