• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London North Western Plusbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie

Established Member
The Plusbus leaflet clearly states that a railcard discount is applied to a Plusbus ticket bought at the same time as a train ticket. Why therefore are London North Western apparently unable to sell a Telford Plusbus ticket with a railcard discount? I have tried at several stations and the answer is always that it can't be done.

LNWR have yet to respond to my complaints/request for refund of the excess charge. Can anyone explain the issue?

Ta in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
What is your origin station? A Telford Plusbus ticket cannot be bought if it is Oakengates or Wellington. Railcard discounts should make no difference; but what Railcard are you using?

Ianno87

Veteran Member
If you struggle at the station, just buy one online with your ticket) and pick up at the TVM (if available) instead.

Wolfie

Established Member
What is your origin station? A Telford Plusbus ticket cannot be bought if it is Oakengates or Wellington. Railcard discounts should make no difference; but what Railcard are you using?
Thanks for the response. I know that Wellington and Oakengates are part of Telford.
I tried at both Euston and Wolverhampton. In each case l got the Plusbus as well as my train ticket but with no railcard discount applied to the former. I also asked about the cost at Telford Central as l was surprised at what I was told elsewhere. The railcard is an Annual Goldcard.

ji459

National Rail Enquiries says the Annual Gold Card discount is only available on Plusbus tickets in the Network Railcard area, which Telford is outside of. BRfares also shows no fares available for a Telford Plusbus with Annual Gold Card.

Wolfie

Established Member
National Rail Enquiries says the Annual Gold Card discount is only available on Plusbus tickets in the Network Railcard area, which Telford is outside of. BRfares also shows no fares available for a Telford Plusbus with Annual Gold Card.
Interesting, thanks. Notably though that NRE link still talks about the Goldcard only being available in the South East which hasn't been the case for two years. I wonder if they just forgot to change the availability when the scope of Goldcard coverage was expanded. Desperately unhelpful that there seem to be (perhaps unintended) exceptions not addressed in any of the Plusbus documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.