• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Northwestern Smartcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattdickinson

West Midlands Trains launched their London NorthWestern smartcard.

We are pleased to launch our new Smartcard on London Northwestern Railway. You will be soon be able to use a Smartcard to purchase Weekly, Monthly and Annual season tickets for travel on our services.

You will be able to apply for your Smartcard online and once received, purchase tickets to load to your Smartcard from our website or from our Ticket Vending Machines located at stations.

In the coming weeks we will be conducting a trial scheme for Season Ticket commuters travelling on certain routes on our network - if you would like to participate in our Smartcard trial, please complete the web form at the bottom of this page and we will contact you with guidance on how to apply for a Smartcard.

Initially it will be available for seasons between:

Kings Langley and Long Buckby

Watford North and St Albans Abbey (not including Watford Junction)

Bletchley & Bedford (it's not clear if that includes Bedford "Midland" as The Key is valid there).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

oversteer

I'm interested to see where this goes. Anyone have more details?

Currently I do 2/3 days per week, and it would be good to just load a ticket onto this, purchased at home, rather than having to queue up at a TVM etc.

Would I be able to load a 'Zones 1-6' travelcard onto it - is it compatible with TfL barriers/buses?

If I load a season ticket onto it, then lose the smartcard, does that mean I can just cancel the smartcard and avoid all that mess of 'replaced' season tickets?

Aictos

Established Member
I'm interested to see where this goes. Anyone have more details?

Currently I do 2/3 days per week, and it would be good to just load a ticket onto this, purchased at home, rather than having to queue up at a TVM etc.

Would I be able to load a 'Zones 1-6' travelcard onto it - is it compatible with TfL barriers/buses?

If I load a season ticket onto it, then lose the smartcard, does that mean I can just cancel the smartcard and avoid all that mess of 'replaced' season tickets?

With GTR, you can load a Z1 to 6 travelcard on condition it’s a season ticket so if it’s possible for a day travelcard to be loaded onto LNRs smartcard then GTR should be asked why they can’t do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.