• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Olympics... Buses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
As some of you know i am a bit of a bus enthusiast and the Olympics in London especially have been a bus enthusiasts dream.

Stagecoach have virtually sent all there Enviros 400s and a lot of Enviro 300s for service in London. They have come across from all the Stagecoach fleet from Devon to Fife and all points in between.

Now what i would like to know is, Has London got the better deal or has the revival of step entrance buses in those areas benefited the enthusiast.

Go Ahead, First and Arriva have also sent vehicles that come from other regions within there groups.

That goes without saying the amount of buses brought over the water from the Ulserbus fleet in Belfast, of which they have probably sent over 50% of there low floor fleet.

Suffice to say that in two days i managed to get at least 500 shots of different buses and that is those just based in a small area. With at least 2000 extra buses i havent even see a quarter of them yet. But Night shifts are for this purpose and i will be some again tomorrow.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class 33

Established Member
Absolutely no difference atall in Bristol. I read somewhere else that some parts of the country have sent a lot of their modern buses to London for the Olympics, and Leyland Olympians brought back into service in those cities! Lucky buggers! No such luck of that in Bristol, still got all these bland and charactorless 'Gemini' things everywhere!!!

route101

Established Member
Ulsterbus in London , interesting as a state owned bus company.

Established Member
We seem to have been given some crap buses from Stagecoach Western. Apparently I can get a day return to Kilmarnock for £3.50...

Status
Not open for further replies.