• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London One Day Travelcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

tivoli

If I buy a day return Cambridge to Liverpool St. with a travelcard, do I have to travel to Liverpool St. before the travelcard part kicks in? For example, changing at Cheshunt to a slower train then wandering off in another direction at Hackney Downs, with the intention of returning from Liverpool St. later in the day.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
An Outboundary Tvld is valid for one return from the origin to boundary zone 6, plus unlimited travel within Zones 1-6 on applicable modes. It's fine to do what you wish.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
There are two routes for outboundary Travelcards issued from Cambridge.

ANY PERMITTED - valid on any train for a return journey between Cambridge and the boundary of Zone 6, and then unlimited travel on any operator within the zones. The main reason to buy this more expensive ticket is if you want to travel on Great Northerm

AGA TRAINS ONLY - This ticket is cheaper and I suspect this is what you are thinking as the 'Liverpool St' ticket. Between Cambridge and the boundary of Zone 6, this is only valid for a return journey on trains operated by Abellio Greater Anglia.It is not valid between Cheshunt and Turkey Street on London Overground-branded trains as they are both outside Zones 1-6 and not run by Greater Anglia. If you happen to find a Greater Anglia service going via Turkey Street, then the ticket would be valid on that service, but my understanding is that they are quite rare nowadays.
Changing onto the Greater Anglia slow service via Tottenham Hale is of course perfectly allowed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.