• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Overground Class 172s

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
With the present preparation works for the Gospel Oak - Barking line, I realise that the Mondays - Fridays service runs between Gospel Oak and South Tottenham until September.

I've done a few calculations regarding the diagrams, with me working it out as 3 for the standard pattern 15 minute frequency, and 4 diagrams for the morning peak when it is every 12 minutes.

Do these still run as single formation, or are there any doubles? I'm considering having a quick whizz up to Gospel Oak straight off the overnight train tomorrow morning to see if I can hunt 172007 and 008 - my final 2 LO 172s for haulage.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Steve wakerly

Still running as single unit formation due to platform length at Gospel oak, which will be lengthen during the next phase of closure. Willesden high level over looks the tmd, any 172's not in use may be stabled in open.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Noting your OP, I ended up on the GOBLIN (or GOST as it is currently!) last Wednesday too, and my notes say I had 172008 on the 1542 Harringay Green Lanes-South Tottenham. Did you not manage that one in the morning?

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
Noting your OP, I ended up on the GOBLIN (or GOST as it is currently!) last Wednesday too, and my notes say I had 172008 on the 1542 Harringay Green Lanes-South Tottenham. Did you not manage that one in the morning?

It was indeed 172008 I had on the 08:44 Gospel Oak - South Tottenham departure as far as Upper Holloway.

I've fixed the typo in my previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.