• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Overground Strike Timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.

bicbasher

Established Member
2tph on all sections.

Willesden Junction to Stratford and New Cross Gate to Sydenham will have 4tph while the ELL core will operate 8tph and will close early unlike the EL core which will reduce to 6tph in the evening.

Presumably the New Cross Gate signal box doesn't have the staff to continue a New Cross/NXG service to Dalston which would operate on TfL metals.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SYorksKent

But actually there is virtually no service. A lot of people have put effort into making alternative plans based on the assumption Overground would be running. We were told half-hourly service. In reality everything at Penge West cancelled. Giving out false information about what is likely to be running just makes a bad situation even worse.

bicbasher

Established Member
They've reduced the ELL/SLL service to 2tph Highbury & Islington to West Croydon and 2tph Dalston Junction to Clapham Junction for the remainder of the day.

matt_world2004

Established Member
Even though the former east London line Overground service is on tfl track the signalling is still provided by Network rail iirc

bicbasher

Established Member
Even though the former east London line Overground service is on tfl track the signalling is still provided by Network rail iirc
Yes from the New Cross Gate signal box which is next to the train depot.

The ELL/SLL reduced to 2tph between Highbury & Islington and West Croydon and Dalston Junction to Clapham Junction. Unlike Tuesday, it seems to be operating better than when they attempted to also operate Crystal Palace and New Cross services.

Last edited:

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
Anyone know why the Euston to Watford Junction service has been running from/to Kilburn High Road only? At least it was, this morning, but I caught a service to Euston around 5pm today

Lewlew

Anyone know why the Euston to Watford Junction service has been running from/to Kilburn High Road only? At least it was, this morning, but I caught a service to Euston around 5pm today
Euston is controlled by Wembley Main signallers. The DC lines (as far as South Hampstead but Kilburn High Road has a reversing point) is controlled by the Wembley Suburban signaller.

Presumably Wembley Main has a reduced amount of staff so less trains able to run into Euston. The last one or two trains would be sent through to Euston to stable in the platforms.

bicbasher

Established Member
Apparently the reason why the ELL has been cut to shreds is due to a signaller who had come to New Cross to cover the shift only had four hours training on the panel couldn't handle the amount of services on the core section, so there was no choice but to reduce the service in the core to 4tph.

Saturday is very likely to be 2tph to Crystal Palace and 2tph to Clapham Junction.

Established Member
Apparently the reason why the ELL has been cut to shreds is due to a signaller who had come to New Cross to cover the shift only had four hours training on the panel couldn't handle the amount of services on the core section, so there was no choice but to reduce the service in the core to 4tph.

Saturday is very likely to be 2tph to Crystal Palace and 2tph to Clapham Junction.
The latter line is much more correct than the former. Croydon shut Saturday anyway.

bicbasher

Established Member
The latter line is much more correct than the former. Croydon shut Saturday anyway.
Croydon slow is open between Sydenham and New Cross Gate. As far as I know part of the work this weekend is between Sydenham and Penge West, allowing LO to divert into Crystal Palace via the loop.

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
Euston is controlled by Wembley Main signallers. The DC lines (as far as South Hampstead but Kilburn High Road has a reversing point) is controlled by the Wembley Suburban signaller.

Presumably Wembley Main has a reduced amount of staff so less trains able to run into Euston. The last one or two trains would be sent through to Euston to stable in the platforms.
Thanks for a very informative answer. Some colleagues were asking me, now I can tell them. Thanks

BJames

Established Member
I am likely missing something very obvious here but why are the West Anglia branches of the Overground suspended 'due to strike action' for the remainder of the day (or 2300 as NRE suggests - said earlier that it was until 1900)? As I understood it it was just the tube strike today and I don't understand why west anglia is off? Even yesterday there was a service!

bluegoblin7

Established Member
ARL staff in the RMT are also on strike today. This seems to have been quite widely missed, with the impact also being bigger than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.