• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overground Trainee Driver - Harlesden and SE London, Feb '21 & Aug '21

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianM

I have no idea what you guys speak about most of the time :) It's the first one I applied, got the computer test to do at home and I have been invited to the assesment day. They attached some pdf's with materials to the email, should I buy from other webites more materials to prepare ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Snaz5

Woohooo congrats to everyone who passed, and Good luck to all those waiting.

Does anyone know how many vacancies they normally have?

TerryL

I'm just wondering if I'll be doing any of the tests in Stage 1. It seems I passed them all already for SE in December. The only one I don't remember is a DFFT I'm not certain if I did one for them.

DA1

I'm just wondering if I'll be doing any of the tests in Stage 1. It seems I passed them all already for SE in December. The only one I don't remember is a DFFT I'm not certain if I did one for them.
Depends at what level you passed them for SE as even at enhanced level each TOC has a differing benchmarks. Send an email to HR as they will be able to tell you which tests you’ll need to complete otherwise they will just tell you on the day.

TheKing66

Hi All!
I hope everyone is well. I have my assessment day next week. I was just wondering for anyone that’s already been if the tests such as the group bourdon was done on a computer or old fashioned paper form.

Thank you advance :)

DA1

Hi All!
I hope everyone is well. I have my assessment day next week. I was just wondering for anyone that’s already been if the tests such as the group bourdon was done on a computer or old fashioned paper form.

Thank you advance :)
Stage 1 are just the paper tests.

Good luck.

TerryL

Oh great.... Mines been postponed... I was confident that would happen as its not been an entire 6 months since my southeastern assessment day. By 2 days..

MintyMango

Got the Stage 2 invite! Any advice, especially around the MMI would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to it :)

Business Bob

Got the Stage 2 invite! Any advice, especially around the MMI would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to it :)
These helped me. They are gonna be tell me a time when questions ie. Had to deal with a disgruntled customer, deliver bad news, working under to pressure to met a deadline, disagreed with a decision etc. Try writing down times in your life that you had these experiences and try write them up as a story. Background info to the situation to build the picture, what you did and why and how it ended succesful/unsuccessful and how it made you feel to conclude? Try not to lie and make it up as they will repeat questions in different manners. Thats my experience anyway.

MintyMango

These helped me. They are gonna be tell me a time when questions ie. Had to deal with a disgruntled customer, deliver bad news, working under to pressure to met a deadline, disagreed with a decision etc. Try writing down times in your life that you had these experiences and try write them up as a story. Background info to the situation to build the picture, what you did and why and how it ended succesful/unsuccessful and how it made you feel to conclude? Try not to lie and make it up as they will repeat questions in different manners. Thats my experience anyway.

Hey cheers, dude! Really appreciate the help

Gooner18

Whats up bud?
I passed and got a job offer a while ago , however unfortunately due to a family illness I had to put it on hold , thankfully all that’s passed now so been emailing them asking what I need tests/ interviews I need to do if any to progress again unfortunately it’s proving hard work getting a reply.

Razer Train

I passed and got a job offer a while ago , however unfortunately due to a family illness I had to put it on hold , thankfully all that’s passed now so been emailing them asking what I need tests/ interviews I need to do if any to progress again unfortunately it’s proving hard work getting a reply.
whoever was your point of contact through the process, i would say go through them and see if they can assist.

Bart

Has anyone else who had their stage 1 assessment tomorrow been postponed due to ‘unforeseen circumstances’?

HLK97

Well done! Check out this link - it really helped me in stage 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.