• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Paddington to Bath Spa with a Gold Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kevinator

Hi

I wish to travel on the 19:00 train from London Paddington to Bath Spa on Friday 27 July (single). According to the National Rail Enquiries website (and the First Great Western website) the cheapest standard ticket is £39.00. However, I have an annual Dartford + London Zones 1-6 Gold Card and I was wondering if I could somehow use the travelcard part to cover some of the journey and reduce the cost?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
Boundary Zone 6 - Didcot Parkway: £13.80 SVS
W1: valid after 0930

Didcot Parkway - Bath Spa: £12.80 (SSS - super off peak single)
2W: Valid on or after 1030 (eastbound from Didcot Parkway)

Total: £26.60*

As a season ticket holder your train may not have to stop at Didcot but the point is moot because the 1900 ex-PAD does call. You will have to get the Boundary Zone 6 ticket at a staffed station showing your travelcard but iirc you can do it any time before travel.

* Fares are undiscounted, not sure how the gold card works :oops:

clagmonster

Established Member
Assuming no other railcards held:
Boundary Zone 6-Didcot Parkway cheap day single £9.10
Didcot Parkway-Bath Spa super saver single £12.80
Total £21.10

The Kevinator

Assuming no other railcards held:
Boundary Zone 6-Didcot Parkway cheap day single £9.10
Didcot Parkway-Bath Spa super saver single £12.80
Total £21.10

Thank you very much for your replies.

Do you know if there is any way I can buy the suggested tickets in advance via the FGW website? For example, when I sometimes travel to Reading I book a West Drayton to Reading ticket and just pick this up at a ticket machine at London Paddington - this saves me a lot of time queuing for a ticket booth.

soil

Established Member
Thank you very much for your replies.

Do you know if there is any way I can buy the suggested tickets in advance via the FGW website? For example, when I sometimes travel to Reading I book a West Drayton to Reading ticket and just pick this up at a ticket machine at London Paddington - this saves me a lot of time queuing for a ticket booth.

You could do West Drayton - Didcot Parkway at £13.80.

The BZ6 tickets are not available online.

Not sure about the £9.10 fare???

The Kevinator

Thank again for all the help!

One last question: am I able to book a seat for the entire London Paddington to Bath Spa journey if I use this split ticket approach?

island

Veteran Member
Yes, but you might have to pay a £5 reservation fee depending on the clerk.

The Kevinator

I picked up my ticket last night for £21.90. I have a seat reservation for the entire journey too with no need to pay a fee.

Thank you all very much for your help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.