• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London question: travelling with children

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I am taking my 6 year old nephew to London clearly he needs a train ticket but what sort of tube ticket do i need to get him? Is thier s kids travel card? We will potter about zones 1 and 2 all day

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member

island

Veteran Member
Do bear in mind it does not cover some National Rail services.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The website says "If you are using National Rail services, 5-10 year olds must pay the appropriate fare. They can get a 5-10 Oyster photocard to pay as they go at child-rate which is cheaper than paying cash." but, of course, London Overground is a National Rail service, but many TfL conditions apply, and of course there are other National Rail services that operate on routes with inter-available ticketing.

I do not know if there is an easy way to determine which National Rail services (other than LO) are valid for free travel for children up to 10 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.