• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London South Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

I believe EB have announced this because I don't think they have any of their other routes ready for their "projected release in 2006".

Harold

joea1 said:
I think they should stop announcing routes. They never actually finished King's Cross to York, which was advertised for release for September 2004.

With part 1 already out, they plan to finally release the concluding part to London-York on the 30th June.

T

Tom

Yes, but Harold ... they never actually built KX - York if you remember. It was originally made by someone else as The White Rose, and that wasn't going to be released in two parts.

EB say they will release 5 routes in the remainder of 2006. Possible? No.

Coxster

Established Member
Tom said:
EB say they will release 5 routes in the remainder of 2006. Possible? No.
Possible. It's just the standard that we *might* have to worry about.

Harold

I must say, I was suprised to see the Midland Mainline route due to be released this year as well as the London and South Coast Route.

Jesus, they must be desperate!

trains2

Be interesting to see if they get to Waterloo, oh great, yet more competetion :argue:

Actually doesn't bother me, SWL is nearly finished!

(trackwise ;) )

Rich

Coxster

Established Member
Not sure much could really compete with SWL from what I've seen in screenshots and the Aldershot demonstration.

joea1 said:
Where is Portmouths???
Where's the Aron Valley too? ;)

trains2

Coxster said:
Not sure much could really compete with SWL from what I've seen in screenshots and the Aldershot demonstration.

Hehe.

That Tango chap on UKTS must be a bit annoyed as he wa building the 'Aron' Valley as well, so dunno what he'll do. Must be rather annoying for him.

Coxster

Established Member
trains2 said:
That Tango chap on UKTS must be a bit annoyed as he wa building the 'Aron' Valley as well, so dunno what he'll do. Must be rather annoying for him.
I would still continue with it if I was him.

LucaZone

Its always been a gentlemans agreement that route duplication never takes place with MSTS. There is no rule against it, and has been said many a time the online community is a tiny percentage of MSTS users, so its actually better that commercial routes reach out to more people.

And if you think about it, the commercial groups have access to no better tools than the customers, so can make no better job of it. Noone makes MSTS stuff full time, so there is nothing to stop an individual coming out before a commercial team. Only one person can work on the route at a time, unless you have content sharing software.

Id say stop making MSTS stuff, choose your route, get all your research going and prepare for Rail Simulator :D then again I would say that hehe.

nutter

I can see KRS been the death of MSTS, especially if the screenshots are anything to go by, plus the amount of input the community on UKtrainsim has has.

Is there a map of the area this new route wil cover.

If i was the Tango bloke, i wouldn't stop building it, from what i've seen of other Eurobahn products, it's not that hard to get to there standards, although i did have a soft spot for the westcoast, just a shame i uninstalled it (due to problems with CC4) and by the time i got around to reinstalling it the 'cat' had got to it

Westcoast is the only work from eurobahn i like but hey, at least they still give it ago

Coxster

Established Member
nutter said:
Is there a map of the area this new route wil cover.
Yes :thumblef:

MSTSLondonSouthCoastMap.jpg

T

Tom

AFAIK there are 3 people doing it full time, but they earn the money from the products they sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.