• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Spezial & Break of Journey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I've been checking out London Spezial tickets from the DB website and they seem to allow break of journey en route. Can anyone confirm this? Many thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Oscar

Fares Advisor
You can break your journey if you enter the required number of hours into the stop-over box and thus reserve trains with a long gap between them.
Once you have finished your journey with DB Fernverkehr (long distance trains) then any Nahverkehr within Germany you have booked (IRE, RE, RB, S-Bahn section) is valid until 10:00 the following morning as far as I am aware. I think that Nahverkehr sections are probably valid for the whole day on the return leg.

blackfive460

I can confirm that too. I've booked London to Dresden with a two night stopover in Köln on a London Spezial.

tony_mac

Established Member
You can specify 2 breaks, up to 48 hours each.

To get a good price, you often need to fiddle with the connection times.

You can also do some doubling-back, so you could have a single 4-day break if that was any use.
(e.g. first break at Köln hbf, then take the second break at Köln Messe/Deutz, which will double-back through hbf - you can just ignore the trains to Messe/Deutz).

I've done 2 breaks with a 'Special' ticket, although not a 'London' one.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Thanks for the above. All tickets now booked. 2 night stop over in Aachen included. 138€ rtn London - Luebeck.

REB

Status
Not open for further replies.