• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London station advice wanted please

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp01

I want to find a suitable station in London to take some light trails shots (like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeplonk/8141195475/in/set-72157627925686556/ and this http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeplonk/8141196689/in/set-72157627925686556/ only with more trains and more interest).

So I need a station where there are frequent trains, with an island platform that has an unobstructed view at the end, and ideally somewhere that is understanding (or at least tolerant) of photographers.

I first considered that Vauxhall or Clapham Junction might be suitable, but then noticed Queenstown Road, which seemed to fit the bill. Any views on any of those, or any other suggestions?

Thanks very much in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

steamybrian

Established Member
Battersea Park has island platforms and is only a few minutes walk from Queenstown Road Battersea.
Consider also the other stations between Victoria and East Croydon which have 4 tracks( 2 fast lines and 2 slow lines) and they have a frequent service of fast trains.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Nice pictures; if you aren't adverse to signing in you could use one or two the main termini and do the buffer approach / receed version of such a shot as well.

I would have suggested Queenstown Road myself; it's not only a busy island ( some non stop through the platform roads ) but also a wide angle to the main line; you could probably do a multiple trails image there.

causton

Established Member
Earlsfield while the temporary bridge is still there, you could get the fast lines + the 455s on the slow lines, or failing that without the bridge just one side is busy enough in the evening! :)

ash39

Established Member

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I like that York one; have you thought about sending it to John Gelson at East Coast? I reckon he'd enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.