• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Terminals to Doleham, any splits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Evening all :)

I'm looking to travel from London Terminals (Waterloo East) to Doleham in late June!

I have a PRIV card and was wondering if someone can help me find a cheaper fare.

The only snag is it has to be routed +HS1. Cheapest so far is the through fare of £9.45 for an Anytime Day Return (SDR) London Terminals to Doleham.

I looked at Hastings as a splitting point but that didn't help, neither does Ashford Intl.! Maybe I'm clutching at straws here but I thought it's worth asking.

I'm grateful for any input from anyone :D

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

steamybrian

Established Member
Firstly -You a brave person to go there..!! I have visited the station by car and found it very difficult to find along quiet country lanes.:
Secondly--There are so few trains that stop there including a very long gap throughout the daytime when no trains call there.
Thirdly- What are you going to do when you get there? Apart from a few cottages and some isolated farms it is a long walk to any other village or pub.
:o;):roll:

causton

Established Member
For the uninitiated, the PLUS HS1 is because the return is via HS1 to St Pancras International, then tube to Vauxhall and then south from there, instead of somehow using HS1 to get to Waterloo East ;)

Urban Gateline

Established Member
That's the cheapest you will get it :)

Thanks, I thought this may be the case but wanted to check with some of the experts on here as I know very little about splitting fares!

Firstly -You a brave person to go there..!! I have visited the station by car and found it very difficult to find along quiet country lanes.:
Secondly--There are so few trains that stop there including a very long gap throughout the daytime when no trains call there.
Thirdly- What are you going to do when you get there? Apart from a few cottages and some isolated farms it is a long walk to any other village or pub.
:o;):roll:

Thank you, it's exactly for that reason that I intend to go there, a nice quiet place in the countryside to get away from it all ;) It looks like a nice station and area so why not I thought! :D

johnnycache

Thanks, I thought this may be the case but wanted to check with some of the experts on here as I know very little about splitting fares!

Thank you, it's exactly for that reason that I intend to go there, a nice quiet place in the countryside to get away from it all ;) It looks like a nice station and area so why not I thought! :D

You might get Southern Advances for less than the priv fare - 20% discount on Southern website

Urban Gateline

Established Member

You might get Southern Advances for less than the priv fare - 20% discount on Southern website

I had a look on Southern's site but no Advances seem to be available from Victoria! I'm only going via HS1 on the return leg as my travelling companion is keen on it and I've never tried so don't mind giving it a go :)

Yes if I was going a more simple journey like London to Brighton then I would buy an Advance ticket or DaySave instead of PRIV as it's much cheaper!

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I had a look on Southern's site but no Advances seem to be available from Victoria!

If you put in via Eastbourne you find advances come up. You might get more choice if you select Victoria to Hastings then pay for the last bit as a Hastings to St Pancras with break of journey.

Urban Gateline

Established Member
If you put in via Eastbourne you find advances come up. You might get more choice if you select Victoria to Hastings then pay for the last bit as a Hastings to St Pancras with break of journey.

Thanks, I tried that latter and found some £4/£6 fares, however they make the return journey £10 for my day and trains of choice and then to add the Priv fare to Doleham on top definitely makes the through Priv ticket the winner!

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Thanks, I tried that latter and found some £4/£6 fares, however they make the return journey £10 for my day and trains of choice and then to add the Priv fare to Doleham on top definitely makes the through Priv ticket the winner!

You'd only need two tickets. Advance Victoria - Hastings; and PRIV Hastings - London +HS1. You break your journey at Doleham on the return.

Status
Not open for further replies.