• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Terminals to Edinburgh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Now I know that you can use King's Cross, St Pancras, & Euston as originating stations on journeys from London to Edinburgh. I even think you can use Liverpool street & travel via Cambridge also?

My question is this are there any other Terminals you can use on valid routes between the capitals?

Supplementary question - what would be the longest valid route between the two?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
You can also use Marylebone and Paddington, travelling via Banbury in both cases. As for the longest route, don't even go there! Map AS allows all manner of silly routes that could potentially take upwards of 24 hours...

Eagle

Established Member
Now I know that you can use King's Cross, St Pancras, & Euston as originating stations on journeys from London to Edinburgh. I even think you can use Liverpool street & travel via Cambridge also?

My question is this are there any other Terminals you can use on valid routes between the capitals?

Paddington and Marylebone, both via Birmingham, are also valid. (The Paddington route used to be a through service about 10 years ago.)

Also Moorgate (inasmuch as any journey from KX is also valid from there).

Map AS has the full mess of routes.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
(The Paddington route used to be a through service about 10 years ago)

I remember that one from the destination board - it had a "Paddington Bear" symbol! - Sunday's only if I remember. Could be wrong though?

Cheers - off to bed now 4:48 start tomorrow!

(pm not am)

Eagle

Established Member
I remember that one from the destination board - it had a "Paddington Bear" symbol! - Sunday's only if I remember. Could be wrong though?

It was dropped circa 2003 when VXC's Operation Princess went awry and they had to seriously rationalize their routes. Thereafter all services through Reading went to Bournemouth (or two a day only to Brighton).

Status
Not open for further replies.