• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Terminals, Victoria, Vauxhall confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

swanson

Hi,

I have recently started working in victoria, I commute from farncombe (one station past guildford on the waterloo/haslemere/portsmouth line). Currently I have a farncombe london zones 1-6 season ticket that expires in september.

I was disappointing to realise that trains dont stop at clapham junction from waterloo at peak times (this is a shame, seems to be the case for many lines, it stops people being able to filter off to london bridge and victoria and costs them an extra £800, is it to do with overcrowding of something?) I want to avoid having to get a season ticket with zones 1-6 (both cost and stress of using those underground lines at peak), I think my best option would be to walk from vauxhall.

When I put in vauxhall in the season ticket calculator it returns the option of 'london terminals'. I understand london terminals is only valid for the london terminal your train arrives at, so I was wondering whether I would be allowed to get the train from farncombe to waterloo and get a train back to vauxhall, as my train would never actually go directly to vauxhall.

Also I would like to know whether getting the train from victoria to clapham and from clapham back to waterloo would be valid with a london terminals season ticket. outside of peak times it would be valid as I could go farncombe to clapham junction to victoria and the reverse. but at peak times the train from waterloo doesn't stop at clapham so I have to go back from clapham to waterloo, I know once I am back in clapham it would be valid for me to go to waterloo, but is it valid for me to go from victoria to clapham in the first place.

To me it seems like it should be but as it is not a route suggested by the route planner I am not sure and I dont want to invest £3200 on a ticket if it ends up not letting me in/out at vauxhall, and gets me in trouble between victoria and clapham.

sorry about the rambling post, hope it makes sense

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Hi,

I have recently started working in victoria, I commute from farncombe (one station past guildford on the waterloo/haslemere/portsmouth line). Currently I have a farncombe london zones 1-6 season ticket that expires in september.

I was disappointing to realise that trains dont stop at clapham junction from waterloo at peak times (this is a shame, seems to be the case for many lines, it stops people being able to filter off to london bridge and victoria and costs them an extra £800, is it to do with overcrowding of something?) I want to avoid having to get a season ticket with zones 1-6 (both cost and stress of using those underground lines at peak), I think my best option would be to walk from vauxhall.

When I put in vauxhall in the season ticket calculator it returns the option of 'london terminals'. I understand london terminals is only valid for the london terminal your train arrives at, so I was wondering whether I would be allowed to get the train from farncombe to waterloo and get a train back to vauxhall, as my train would never actually go directly to vauxhall.

Also I would like to know whether getting the train from victoria to clapham and from clapham back to waterloo would be valid with a london terminals season ticket. outside of peak times it would be valid as I could go farncombe to clapham junction to victoria and the reverse. but at peak times the train from waterloo doesn't stop at clapham so I have to go back from clapham to waterloo, I know once I am back in clapham it would be valid for me to go to waterloo, but is it valid for me to go from victoria to clapham in the first place.

To me it seems like it should be but as it is not a route suggested by the route planner I am not sure and I dont want to invest £3200 on a ticket if it ends up not letting me in/out at vauxhall, and gets me in trouble between victoria and clapham.

sorry about the rambling post, hope it makes sense

Hi,

By definition, a season ticket can be used to enter/exit any station it it valid at or through. With a season ticket, you are also at liberty to double back as many times as you like along the line of route.

A Farncombe to London Terminals season ticket would be valid if you wished to use it between Clapham Junction and Victoria. You could also use it to enter/exit Vauxhall.

Is the current season ticket you hold an Annual Season ticket? If not, it may be worthwhile get it changed to a Farncombe to London Terminals season ticket until September, if you're willing to forego using the Underground now.

swanson

thanks that is great. I have an annual season ticket at the moment but I think it has past the stage where it has any refund value.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
A Farncombe - London Terminals season ticket will give you validity at all these places: Waterloo (East), Victoria, Vauxhall, Charing Cross, Cannon Street, London Bridge, Blackfriars, City Thameslink.

A changeover of your existing ticket is possible provided that there is at least one month's validity remaining on your ticket, which is clearly the case for you.

GodAtum

On Moderation
You can take the 507 bus from Waterloo - Victoria, quite a nice ride and not too much traffic if you want to avoid the tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.