• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Thameslink stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

grastgirl

I have a Harpenden to London Thameslink season ticket (no underground) and am wondering what journeys I can officially use it for, particularly:

If I want to get off at St Albans on my way into or out of London would that be OK? (I think from reading the rules it is, but I can't afford to have the barrier swallow it if I'm wrong)

Are these the stations classed as London Thameslink: St Pancras, Farringdon, Blackfriars, City Thameslink, West Hampstead, Kentish Town, London Bridge, Elephant and Castle, Wimbledon (would be useful if I want to travel out of London again to have a choice of stations to change at)?

Thank you in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
Your ticket will cover you as far as London Bridge and Elephant & Castle. When the Thamelink core is shut for engineering works, I believe your tickets is accepted on the parralel Underground routes (eg Jubilee West Hampsted-London Bridge) but not at intermediate Underground stations. I am not sure what the arrangements with regard validity to Barbican and Moorgate are, I believe there was some concessions regarding travel on the Met from Farrindon. You may break your journey at any intermediate station, such as St Albans City.
It is not valid to Wimbledon.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Season tickets won't be swallowed by gates; at worst they'll say 'seek assistance' and not open.

With a season, you can break a journey anywhere within the area covered.

grastgirl

Thanks jon, it's good to know that they won't swallow it, although I guess it makes sense now that I've thought about it. The poor staff would get such an earful!

dan_atki

Established Member
I am not sure what the arrangements with regard validity to Barbican and Moorgate are, I believe there was some concessions regarding travel on the Met from Farrindon.

When the Thameslink route still served them, tickets were issued to 'Barbican Und' and 'Moorgate Und' and 'London Thameslink' tickets were not valid there. I believe the agreement was that TfL would carry passengers (via LU) with tickets to either of these two destinations for 2 years after the branch shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.