• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Thameslink to Cambridge query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esker-pades

Established Member
My mother recently travelled on an off-peak return London Thameslink to Cambridge ticket. On the way back, she was told by a member of staff at Cambridge station that she was only allowed to get the 1 Thameslink train per hour from Cambridge to the Thameslink Core.

I thought that a valid route would be Cambridge to Kings Cross, walk to St Pancras and then continue on Thameslink to the final destination (in this case, London Bridge).

Who is correct?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
My mother recently travelled on an off-peak return London Thameslink to Cambridge ticket. On the way back, she was told by a member of staff at Cambridge station that she was only allowed to get the 1 Thameslink train per hour from Cambridge to the Thameslink Core.

I thought that a valid route would be Cambridge to Kings Cross, walk to St Pancras and then continue on Thameslink to the final destination (in this case, London Bridge).

Who is correct?

You are correct. The member of staff is making things up. What you can't do with a ticket between Cambridge and London Thameslink is use the line into Liverpool Street.

Status
Not open for further replies.