• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Bicester Village

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwh_mike

Hi all. I am currently researching train fares from London to Bicester Village. The fares are for 3 people.

An off-peak day return costs £55.65. However, trains to Oxford are cheaper: two Advance Singles cost ~£32.40 in total. An off-peak day return from Oxford to Bicester Village is £7.20, bringing a total of £39.60.

My question is this: as the Chiltern trains stop at Bicester Village anyway, can I get the above ticket combination and simply get off at Bicester Village and not change at Oxford?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cactustwirly

Established Member
Hi all. I am currently researching train fares from London to Bicester Village. The fares are for 3 people.

An off-peak day return costs £55.65. However, trains to Oxford are cheaper: two Advance Singles cost ~£32.40 in total. An off-peak day return from Oxford to Bicester Village is £7.20, bringing a total of £39.60.

My question is this: as the Chiltern trains stop at Bicester Village anyway, can I get the above ticket combination and simply get off at Bicester Village and not change at Oxford?

Technically no, but if you use the Oxford to Bicester tickets to exit the station, It's very unlikely that you would be challenged

sonic2009

Established Member
Are the prices you have quoted for 3 adults? As i can only find tickets that cost 28.10 each.

kieron

Established Member
A ticket to Bicester is cheaper if you start from Oxford Parkway or Islip. You can buy advance tickets from London from either, so you may find it useful to compare those. They also sell advance tickets to Bicester North.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator

What day and times are you looking to travel?

I agree that holding valid tickets do do the double-back but not actually doing the double-back isn't going to be an issue in practice.

mwh_mike

What day and times are you looking to travel?

I agree that holding valid tickets do do the double-back but not actually doing the double-back isn't going to be an issue in practice.
I was looking to go next Friday, but I noticed that my original combination has expired. Apparently it required me to book 7/8 days in advance.

I am looking on Oxford Parkway/Islip, but seems that the only trains offering cheap advanced singles are either ~1500 or ~1700. I might go with the off-peak ticket for the flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.