• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Brighton 7/12 - 8/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo22

Hi, will be travelling London to Brighton on Weds 8th December for a night out returning the next day.

Been looking at tickets and I couldn't find any advance options. All I can get is the £31.50 open return. At the moment we have two of us travelling, but potentially it could be three or more which puts us into Groupsave territory.

Can anyone help or suggest a cheap(er) fare option if there is just two of us making the journey.

Not fussed what London station we depart from, free travel on TFL allows us to get anywhere fairly easily and we don't have any other sort of rail-cards between us. Direct would be nice, but not fussed if we have to change to get a cheaper ticket.

Times are totally flexible but we'd like to be in Brighton for around lunchtime and return leaving Brighton around 12:00 -13:00 hrs on the Thursday to get us back to London before the worst of the rush hour hits.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
Try looking for tickets from East Croydon - use your staff pass to West Croydon on overground then tram to EC should save you a few quid rather than going from a london terminal

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
There are Advance fares on Southern services (from Victoria), starting at £5. These haven't been released for your dates yet but should be in a week or two. You should be able to get £5 fares reasonably easily as you're flexible about times.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
There are Advance fares on Southern services (from Victoria), starting at £5. These haven't been released for your dates yet but should be in a week or two. You should be able to get £5 fares reasonably easily as you're flexible about times.

Indeed, there are also advance fares from East Croydon on Southern services, though the fares are the same as from Victoria.

Robbo22

Thanks guys. £5 advances seem the best bet as long as I can get in quick when they are released. Will check every day for the next week or so until they crop up.

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
There's plenty of £5 Advances available through October and November, so I don't think they sell out that fast. It tends to be long distance journeys where they do - most people don't plan short distance trips so far in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.