• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Castle Cary valid via Taunton ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FGWman

In the past I thought that there was an easement to allow people travelling to Castle Cary to travel via Taunton. The service to Castle Cary is not very frequent and it can sometimes be quicker to go to Taunton and back.

Anyway I was looking at the easements and I cant seem to find one. Does anyone know if 1) Was there ever such an easement and 2) if there was when was it removed ?

TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TEW

Established Member
I just had a look to see if it was possible to travel via Bristol and Taunton but it isn't, that isn't a permitted route. So currently you aren't permitted to travel via Taunton into London. A Castle Cary to London ticket is valid to Westbury and then via Salisbury to Waterloo or via Weymouth to Waterloo though which gives you more options with the ticket. Travelling via Weymouth will be considerably longer though.

wintonian

Established Member
In the past I thought that there was an easement to allow people travelling to Castle Cary to travel via Taunton. The service to Castle Cary is not very frequent and it can sometimes be quicker to go to Taunton and back.

Anyway I was looking at the easements and I cant seem to find one. Does anyone know if 1) Was there ever such an easement and 2) if there was when was it removed ?

TIA

I think there used to be one but was removed last year at some point IIRC, I might be confusing it with somewhere else tgough, but I do seem to remember there being one.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.