• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to East Anglia then to Stockport

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmersears

Established Member
On 6 May I am looking to do a day's spotting in East Anglia as part of my quest to spot all the units in mainland UK.

Starting point is London, ideally leaving there as early as possible (first train of the day is more than acceptable, even at 0500). I want to spend three hours or so in Norwich, and the same at Ipswich. End point is Stockport, ideally at around 1900/2000.

To muddy the waters slightly I need to pass through Marks Tey between xx45 and xx01 in order to pick up the unit working the Sudbury branch. If this is not possible then I will also need to add in a leg from Ipswich/Norwich to Marks Tey.

I've had a play around with different combinations and got the following as my best effort thus far:

London Liverpool Street 0535 to Norwich 0753 - £9
Norwich 1100 to Ipswich 1141 - £15.20
Ipswich 1509 to Marks Tey 1549 - £8.10
Marks Tey 1618 to Stockport 1955 - £29.50

Total: £61.80

Is there a better (ie cheaper) way to do the above, particularly to remove the stop at Marks Tey?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
An Anglia Plus Day Ranger might help here if you need more flexibility £18.50 which will sort out travel north of Ipswich.

Status
Not open for further replies.