• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Glasgow & Edinburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRR

If I buy a return from London terminals to Glasgow,

Off peak return its £153. Restriction code is 5F and it says Any permitted route.

Can I travel from Euston to Glasgow on the Thursday (obeying the restriction times)
then return via Edinburgh, (travel to Edinburgh Friday, break journey and travel Edinburgh to kings cross on the Sunday?

Theres also a restriction code 9F ticket? Anyway essentially, can I use VWC on way up and LNER on way back? with a break of journey for two nights on either of these tickets?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
If I buy a return from London terminals to Glasgow,

Off peak return its £153. Restriction code is 5F and it says Any permitted route.

Can I travel from Euston to Glasgow on the Thursday (obeying the restriction times)
then return via Edinburgh, (travel to Edinburgh Friday, break journey and travel Edinburgh to kings cross on the Sunday?

Theres also a restriction code 9F ticket? Anyway essentially, can I use VWC on way up and LNER on way back? with a break of journey for two nights on either of these tickets?
Yes, that's all permitted. As far as I can tell, it's £147.00 for an Off-Peak Return route Any Permitted, and the restriction code if you buy it from London to Glasgow is 5F.

As it's an Any Permitted ticket, you can use it on any operator on any permitted route. That includes on LNER via Edinburgh.

Note that break of journey isn't permitted on the outward portion of this ticket - but that isn't a problem as you've said you intend to continue all the way through to Glasgow on the outward portion, and then only intend to break your journey on the return portion, where break of journey is permitted.

JRR

Cheers, I think mine came to £153 as I put KGX rather than London terminals, so was routing me with London Underground! I got £147 now too. Cheers for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.